Rental Policies and Procedures
- MSU students, faculty/staff and university affiliates are eligible to rent equipment. An MSU ID is required for verification. Persons having paid the ASMSU activity fee for the current semester will qualify for the student rate, an additional 20% will be charged to other patrons.
- Reservations are accepted beginning Monday for the current week. The minimum rental period for reservation is one day. A non-refundable deposit equivalent to one day rental charge (or 25%) for each item is required to secure a reservation, payment for the balance of rental charges is due upon issuance of equipment. Full credit (no cash refunds) for deposits will be granted for reservations which are cancelled at least 7 days prior to the beginning of the designated rental period, cancellations of less than 48 hours notice will forfeit the reservation deposit.
- Although reservations are encouraged, walk-in rentals are also welcomed. 5% processing fee for refunds through the University Business office.
- Overnight Due At 5:00 p.m. (following day of pickup)
- (Weekend Rate) Friday through Monday. Equipment due at 5:00 Monday
Info: All rental rates advertised at student pricing discount, all others will be charged the non-members rate of an additional 20%.
|Alpine Touring Boots||8||12|
|Alpine Touring Package (Skis, boots, poles, skins)||25||37.50|
|Alpine Touring Skis||20||30|
|Backpack: External Frame||4.00||7.00|
|Backpack: Internal Frame||5.00||9.00|
|* Canoe: 16'9||25.00||37.50|
|* Canoe: inflatable||30.00||45.00|
|Cooler: 24 quart||3.00||5.00|
|Cooler: 80 quart||8.00||12.00|
|Dry Bag (22-36 liters) (SM., M.)||2.00||5.00|
|Dry Bag: 3.8 cu. ft.||3.00||5.00|
|Fuel: propane, isobutane or white gas||for||prices *|
|* Kayak: inflatable/whitewater||22.00||33.00|
|* Kayak: recreational/touring !!||22.00||33.00|
|** Lantern: camp (battery)||3.00||5.00|
|Life Vest: type V||4.00||6.00|
|* Raft: 13' (life vests, paddles, pump)||60.00||90.00|
|* Raft: 14' (same accessories)||70.00||105.00|
|Rigid River Table||6.00||9.00|
|Roll Up Table||$3.00||$5.00|
|* Rowing Frame Package: 13' raft, frame, cooler (includes oars)||80.00||120.00|
|* Rowing Frame: fits 14' raft (includes oars & dry boxes)||25.00||37.50|
|Rowing Frame: Stern||15.00||22.50|
|Sleeping Bag Liner: adds 10 (polarguard)||1.00||2.00|
|Sleeping Bag: 10 (polarguard)||8.00||12.00|
|Sleeping Pad: foam||2.00||3.00|
|Stand Up Paddle Board||20.00||30.00|
|Stand Up Paddle Package (wetsuit)||25.00||37.50|
|** Stove: backpack (isobutane)||4.00||6.00|
|** Stove: camp (double burner, propane)||5.00||9.00|
|Tent: 1-2 person||7.00||10.50|
|Tent: 2-3 person||10.00||15.00|
|Tent: 3-4 person||13.00||20.00|
|Water Carrier: 5 gallon||2.00||3.00|
|XC Boots: NNN/BC||3.00||5.00|
|XC Ski Pkg: touring (skis, NNN/BC boots & poles)||12.00||15.00|
|XC Skis: touring (waxless)||5.00||7.50|
* inquire concerning special reservation policy.
** fuel/batteries not provided, renter must supply or purchase from ORP.
Extended Rate (Weekend)
Rate is from Friday-Monday, 4 days offered @ discounted pricing (the price of 2 days, 50% discount). Additionally, after 5 consecutive rentals days, each subsequent day is offered @ 50% off pricing for items.
Reservations are accepted beginning Monday for the current week. Minimum rental period for reservations is 1 day. A Non-Refundable deposit equivalent to 1-day (Or 25% for 1 day rentals) rental charge for each item is required to secure a reservation; payment for the balance of rental charges is due upon issuance of equipment
The primary intent of the following policy is to assist patrons with the acquisition
of essential equipment in preparation for a major trip. These exceptions are only
applicable to rental of rafts, canoes, kayaks and rowing frames.
Minimum rental period requirement for ‘Extended’ reservations is 2 days. Rentals of less than 2 days will be administered under the standard reservation policy.
A non-refundable deposit equivalent to the weekend (2-3) Day rate or 25% (Whichever is less) will be required at the time of reservation. The deposit will be applied towards the total rental charge.
* Exception: ‘Extended Rentals’ for watercraft (see specific policy)
Shop Credit good for a 2 year period will be issued for cancellations received at
least 7 days prior to the beginning of the designated rental period.
Cancellations within six to two day(s) of pick-up date will receive a 75% refund or a 100% Rental Center voucher (good for one year). No refunds for cancellations less than 48 hours before rental period.
All non-shop credit refunds are at the Outdoor Recreation Program’s discretion, and must be processed through the University Business Office with a check issued in approximately 4-6 weeks.