Your PFA welcomes you to Montana State University!
Parent & Family Weekend 2015
Join Us October 9th -11th!
Welcome to the Montana State University Parent/Family Association. The PFA supports parents and families as their students navigate the campus of MSU. We provide programs and activities, develop resources, communicate with university administration and raise funds for scholarships and other functions which directly support student success. You are a member of the PFA by virtue of having a student in attendance here, and we invite you to enjoy all the benefits.
Founded in 1992, the PFA is governed by an advisory board consisting of volunteer parents from around the country. The board makes decisions regarding Parent/Family Weekend, the Parent's Fund, and goals and initiatives which support families. The board has a direct ear to President Cruzado and other university administration and works hard to provide a strong service for all families.
The board meets twice yearly to conduct the business of the association, once during Fall Weekend and once during spring semester. The time commitment is what you want it to be. We encourage you to volunteer for this opportunity at some point during your student's MSU career.
The Association's Goals Are:
- To develop and support a closer relationship between families and MSU.
- To keep families informed about university activities, policies and plans.
- To ensure families have the opportunity to share their ideas, opinions and concerns with university administration.
- To familiarize families with the physical campus, the community and with student life.
- To support our annual fundraising effort through which families can help ensure the excellence that defines a Montana State University education.
- To tap the expertise and experience of families in attracting superior students, ensuring quality employment for graduates and drawing positive support for higher education.