Outside vendors, groups or individuals producing films on campus for commercial purposes must comply with the film and photography policy and complete the facility use permit.
Campus departments and units filming their own video or contracting outside sources to film should:

  • Advise building supervisors.
  • Procure model releases for individuals featured in the piece. 
  • Receive authorization from a parent or guardian in order for minors to appear in an MSU video.

More information here...



Questions regarding locations, branding, permitting and licensing

Julie Kipfer
Director, Marketing and Creative Services


Questions regarding news media

Michael Becker
Director, MSU News Service

Carol Schmidt
Assistant Director, MSU News Service


Questions regarding traffic, security, parking, safety

University Police


Questions regarding locations, stock footage, permitting and releases

Kelly Gorham
Director of Visual media