Montana State University
Academics | Administration | Admissions | A-Z Index | Directories

Montana State Universityspacer Mountains and Minds
MSU AcademicsspacerMSU AdministrationspacerMSU AdmissionsspacerMSU A-Z IndexspacerMSU Directoriesspacer

Contact Us
University Police
Dial 911 from any campus phone or 994-2121 to reach us. Anyonymous Tips
   Silent Witness Program
Officers' Contact Info 7th Avenue and Kagy Blvd
PO Box 172680
Bozeman, MT 59717-2680
Tel: (406) 994-2121
Fax: (406) 994-5508

Chief Robert Putzke
> University Police  > Parking Services

Parking Services

BUY a Permit BUY a Permit PAY a Fine PAY a Fine
Other Services
Parking Policy

Where Should I Park?Click Here for Interactive Parking Availability Map

Click Here to View the Summer 2014 Lot Maintenance Schedule

*NOTE: Maintenance schedule is subject to change based on weather and other campus conflicts*

Departmental Permit Request Form

  • The Parking Appeals Committee is composed of faculty, staff, and student members appointed by the Vice President for Administration.

  • Citations may be appealed either by appearing at the University Police department and filing a notice to appeal or by following the links below and filing a notice to appeal online. All appeals must be filed by the date designated on the citation. Appeals will be heard by the Parking Appeals Committee. Fines upheld by the Parking Appeals Committee must be paid within seven days. Failure to do so will constitute a second offense also subject to a late fee.

  • The University is authorized by Montana statute to withhold the amount of any unpaid parking fines from any amount owed by any student, employee, or faculty member.

  • Student transcripts may also be held for unpaid parking fines, and unpaid fines may be added to student accounts for collection purposes.

  • A lost ticket, forgetfulness, parking for only a short period, failure to display parking permit, and/or not seeing the signs are NOT acceptable grounds for appeal.

Please follow the appropriate link below to file an appeal online.

  • "I am affiliated with Montana State University and I have a university ID number." Click here.
  • "I am not affiliated with Montana State University and I do not have a university ID number." Click here.
  • "I do not know if I have a university ID number." Click here.

View Text-only Version Text-only Updated: 01/24/13
© Montana State University 2006 Didn't Find it? Please use our contact list or our site index.