> University Police > Parking Services
- The Parking Appeals Committee is composed of faculty, staff, and student members appointed by the Vice President for Administration.
- Citations may be appealed either by appearing at the University Police department and filing a notice to appeal or by following the links below and filing a notice to appeal online. All appeals must be filed by the date designated on the citation. Appeals will be heard by the Parking Appeals Committee. Fines upheld by the Parking Appeals Committee must be paid within seven days. Failure to do so will constitute a second offense also subject to a late fee.
- The University is authorized by Montana statute to withhold the amount of any unpaid parking fines from any amount owed by any student, employee, or faculty member.
- Student transcripts may also be held for unpaid parking fines, and unpaid fines may be added to student accounts for collection purposes.
- A lost ticket, forgetfulness, parking for only a short period, failure to display parking permit, and/or not seeing the signs are NOT acceptable grounds for appeal.
Please follow the appropriate link below to file an appeal online.
- "I am affiliated with Montana State University and I have a university ID number." Click here.
- "I am not affiliated with Montana State University and I do not have a university ID number." Click here.
- "I do not know if I have a university ID number." Click here.