Communication Safety Officer/Dispatcher
Parking Enforcement Officer
Under the supervision of the Parking Enforcement Supervisor, Parking Enforcement Officers conduct patrols of University parking lots to ensure a safe parking experience on campus, deter parking violations, and provide motorist assistance. For more information and how to apply, view the Parking Enforcement Officer job listing.
Part-Time Student Positions
Student Support Services
Student Support Services members play a vital role in supporting and assisting the functions of University Police. These positions handle sensitive and confidential information. Persons in this position will assist the Business Operations Manager, the Parking Manager, and the Student Security Coordinator in the daily operations of the department. A person in this position will be expected to, at all times exercise considerable judgment, tact, and integrity in the completion of their responsibilities.
- Administrative Operations Support
- Student Parking Enforcement Officers
- Student Security Team Members
- Customer Service Assistants
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidential information
- Attention to detail
- Ability to interact in a courteous manner with other team members and the general public
- Data entry, operation of general office equipment, and knowledge of various computer software
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather (Student Parking Enforcement Officers and Student Security Members)
- Must be an active degree-seeking student at MSU-Bozeman
- Must maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check (Note: Students with alcohol, drug, or violent crime related convictions will not be considered for employment)
- Must be mature, maintain a professional appearance, and have the ability to work with the public professionally
To Apply for Student Positions:
Please return completed applications to the MSU Police Department on the corner of S. 7th Ave and Kagy Blvd. or email to Kristine Mashaw at firstname.lastname@example.org
*All positions are eligible for work-study.
For more information on these positions, contact the Montana State University Police Department at (406) 994-2121.