Parking Fee & Fine Schedule
|Permit Type||Full Year||1/2 Year||Additional Vehicle||Summer Only|
The Regents of the Montana University System have been authorized by legislative action to levy fines against students, faculty and staff for violation of parking, traffic or registration regulations.
- The fines for the following violations of regulations vary between $30 and $175, starting
September 1, 2014. Here is the cost for parking violations.
$60 24 Hr Reserved Spaces
$30 Altered Hang Tag
$30 Violation of Bicycle Regulations
$30 Blocking Trash Receptacles
$30 Failure To Display Valid Permit
$60 Failure To Register
$175 False Registration
$60 Fire Lane
$100 Handicap Spaces
$30 Herrick 15 Minute
$30 Not In Designated Area
$30 Not In E Lot
$30 Over Line - 2 Spaces
$30 Overtime Parked
$45 Parked In Yellow Zone
$30 Parked or Driving On Lawn
$30 Parking In Crosswalk
$30 Parking In Or Block Drive
$30 Parking/driving On Sidewalk
$45 Posted No Parking
$60 Reserved 6 Am - 6 Pm
$30 See Officer Comment
$30 Service Drive
$30 Service Vehicle Parking Only
$30 Student Health Parking Only
$30 Student/staff In Vis. Area
$30 Svc Vehicle/special Permit Req.
$60 Tow Away Zone
$75 Towed With University Tow
$30 Vendor Parking Only
$30 Wrong Side Parked
- Unauthorized use of Handicapped stalls is a $100.00 fine.
- University tow is a $75.00 minimum charge. Impound fee is $5 a day.
- Use of a lost, stolen, forged or counterfeit permit is a $175.00 fine and is subject to a University tow.
- The fines for the following violations of regulations vary between $30 and $175, starting September 1, 2014. Here is the cost for parking violations.
- For more information on appeals click here to go to the appeals page.