> University Police
All vehicles parking on campus must display a valid MSU parking permit.
Permits may be purchased from the University Police, located on the corner of S. 7th Ave and Kagy Blvd, or at the information kiosk located on the corner of S. 7th Ave and Grant. Visitor parking is also available in the Hourly Pay Lot on the corner of S. 7th Ave and Grant.
Click here for the complete list of permit prices and citation amounts.
A copy of the FY12-FY13 Business Plan is available for review. If you have any questions regarding the Business Plan, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MSU's parking regulations are enforced year round from 6 am to 6pm whenever MSU offices are open, including summer break, Christmas break, spring break, and days when class is not in session.
All permits must be visible from the exterior of the vehicle. Permits are issued to the owner of the vehicle, not the vehicle, meaning the same permit can be used for different vehicles, but only one vehicle at a time. Multiple permits must be purchased to park multiple vehicles on campus at the same time. If the permit is left in another vehicle, at home, in the car at the repair shop or for any other reason is not displayed in the car on campus, the driver must purchase a daily permit. The cost of a daily permit is $3.00.
Parking rates are:
- $164 for a SB permit (Standard commuter permit)
- $164 for an E permit (Residence hall parking permit)
- $116 for a D permit (Antelope lot commuter permit)
- $65 for an F permit (Distant F Lot permit)
- $3 for a daily permit valid in all commuter lots except Reserved and hourly pay parking
Parking on MSU-Bozeman campus is a privilege, not a right. Our primary interest is to foster convenience and safety for all people working and visiting the campus and to facilitate the efficient operation of the University.
Please acquaint yourself with the current parking regulations governing campus parking. It is the best way to avoid a ticket or loss of privileges. Ignorance of the regulations will only hurt you!
There are no free parking areas on campus!
All parking lots are constructed, maintained, operated, and administered through parking fees which are paid by all patrons. Parking regulations for Montana State University-Bozeman are published on an annual basis, both in print and on this Web site. Past and present presidents of the University have approved these regulations and the Board of Regents of the Montana University System has approved those segments that deal with cost, fines, and enforcement.
Best ways to avoid a parking ticket
- Register your vehicle
- Do not park in reserved spaces (which have gold signs)
- Stay out of Yellow zones
- Park in your assigned area
- Do not park in a service drive
- Leave handicap spaces empty
- If you get a ticket, pay it on time
- Limit yourself to 20 minutes in loading zones after calling the University Police for approval
How to avoid towing on campus
- Do not accumulate three or more tickets
- Do not park in a handicap zone
- Do not park in a yellow zone
- You are responsible for anyone parking your vehicle on campus.
- All students, faculty, staff, & visitors must register their vehicle or obtain a parking permit to park on campus.
- You are responsible for all fines assigned to your vehicle.
Motor Assistance Available for You
The University Police Department provides students, employees, and visitors motor-vehicle assistance. Call 994-2121 anytime and one of our officers will assist you with:
- Access to locked vehicles
- Jump-starting dead batteries
- Weather-related problems
- Calling tow-trucks when necessary
- Other appropriate situations