September 7th - 10th, 1999
- Identify scientific questions that can be addressed only by winter research.
- Identify alternatives (e.g., remote sensing, ASA support) to winter deployment.
- Define the additional logistic and scientific support that will accompany a winter program.
- Describe the educational possibilities that higher level winter deployment would offer, particularly as it relates to the role of the Crary laboratory.
- Describe any environmental impacts that an elevated winter effort may cause.
- Define the safety issues surrounding winter research in the McMurdo region as far away as the dry valleys.
- Recommend strategies for funding winter projects.