- Organizing Committee, Conference on Antarctic subglacial lake exploration, March 2015.
Theo Murphy meeting, Chicheley Hall, UK. J. Priscu.
- Organizing Committee, 6th International Conference on Polar and Alpine Microbiology, September 2015. České
Budějovice, Czech Republic. J. Priscu.
- Organizer and chair of the 5th International Conference on Polar and Alpine Microbiology, September 2013, Big Dky,
Montana. J. Priscu.
- Co-Director. 2011-present. Center for Astrobiology. Montana State University. J. Priscu.
- Co-chair of the scientific international organizing committee for the SCAR Open Science
Conference, August 2010, Buenos Aries, Argentina, August 2010. J. Priscu.
- Session Organizer and Chair, "The Goldman Legacy: The Importance of Long-Term Phytoplankton
Productivity Data." Aquatic Sciences: Global Changes. Joint Meeting with ASLO & NABS,
Santa Fe, NM, USA. June, 2010. J. Priscu.
- Executive Committee/Chief Scientist, Whillans Ice Stream Subglacial Access Research
Drilling (WISSARD) project. 2009-present. J. Priscu.
- Polar Research Board-National Academy of Science. 2009-2012. J. Priscu.
- Executive Committee, WAIS Divide Ice Coring Project. 2008-present. J. Priscu.
- Committee on the Origin and Evolution of Life -National Academy of Science. 2008-2011.
- Search Committee for the Editor-in-Chief of the AGU publication JGR-Biogeosciences.
2008-2009. J. Priscu.
- Chair, SCAR-SALE (Subglacial Antarctic Lake Environments) Scientific Planning Group.
2007-present. J. Priscu.
- Co-Director. 2007-present. Subzero Research Facility, Montana State University. J.
- Editorial Board. Astrobiology. 2006-present. J. Priscu.
- Organizing Committee, Subglacial Antarctic Lake Exploration (SALE) Advanced Science
and Technology Workshop, April 24-28, 2006. LGGE, Grenoble France. J. Priscu.
- National Academy of Sciences NRC Committee "Forward Contamination of Mars." 2004-2006.
- Organizing Committee, American Society of Limnology and Oceanography winter meeting,
Salt Lake City. February 2003. J. Priscu.
- National Academy of Sciences NRC Committee "Frontiers in Polar Research". 2002-2003.
- Participant and discussion leader, National Science Foundation Workshop "Emerging
Research Questions for Limnology: The Study of Inland Waters. December 2002. J. Priscu.
- Participant and raporteur, American Society of Limnology and Oceanography/NSF funded
workshop on Emerging Issues in Limnology. Boulder, CO. December 2002.J. Priscu.
- Organizing Committee, NSF funded FASTDRILL workshop. October 2002. J. Priscu.
- United States Ice Core Working Group member. 2002-2008. J. Priscu.
- Advisory Committee for the United States Ice Core Drilling Services. 2002- 2008. J.
- Convener for the international Group of Specialists to plan the exploration of Lake
Vostok and other subglacial lakes. 2000-2006. J. Priscu.
- United States Biology representative to the Scientific Committee of Antarctic Research
(SCAR). 2000-2006. J. Priscu.
- National Science Foundation Office Advisory Committee for the Office of Polar Programs.
2000-2002. J. Priscu.
- National Science Foundation Advisory Committee for Environmental Research and Education
2000-2002. J. Priscu.
- Review Committee, Public Radio Documentary Series "The DNA Files". 2000- 2001. J.
- Sponsor for the NASA Planetary Biology Internship Program. 2000-present. J. Priscu.
- NSF Review Panel, Life in Extreme Environments (LExEn) Program. 1999. J. Priscu.
- Chairperson, Winter Research in Antarctica Workshop. 7-9 September 1999. NSF headquarters,
Arlington Virginia. Funded by NSF. J. Priscu.
- Sponsor for NASA GSRP and Space Grant Consortium students. 1997-present. J. Priscu.
- Sponsor for NASA Montana Space Grant Consortium students. 1996-present. J. Priscu.
- Chairperson, McMurdo (Antarctica) Area Scientific Users Committee 1995-present. J.
- Organizing Committee and Working Group Chairman, Environmental Management Workshop
on the McMurdo Dry Valleys (Antarctica). 14-17 March 1995, Sante Fe, New Mexico. Funded
by NSF. J. Priscu.
- Editorial Board, American Geophysical Union, Antarctic Research Series. 1993-2002.
- NSF Review Panel, Division of Polar Biology and Medicine 1990, 1993. J. Priscu.
- Editorial Board, Limnology and Oceanography. 1988-1991. J. Priscu.