- Co-chair of the scientific international organizing committee for the SCAR Open Science Conference, August 2010, Buenos Aries, Argentina, August 2010. J. Priscu.
- Session Organizer and Chair: J. C. Priscu. "The Goldman Legacy: The Importance of Long-Term Phytoplankton Productivity Data." Aquatic Sciences: Global Changes. Joint Meeting with ASLO & NABS, Santa Fe, NM, USA. June, 2010.
- Polar Research Board-National Academy of Science. 2009-2012.
- Committee on the Origin and Evolution of Life -National Academy of Science. 2008-2011. J. Priscu.
- Chair, SCAR-SALE (Subglacial Antarctic Lake Environments) Scientific Planning Group. 2007-present. J. Priscu.
- Organizing Committee, Subglacial Antarctic Lake Exploration (SALE) Advanced Science and Technology Workshop, April 24-28, 2006. LGGE, Grenoble France. J. Priscu.
- National Academy of Sciences NRC Committee "Forward Contamination of Mars." 2004-2006. J. Priscu.
- Organizing Committee, American Society of Limnology and Oceanography winter meeting, Salt Lake City. February 2003. J. Priscu.
- National Academy of Sciences NRC Committee "Frontiers in Polar Research". 2002-2003. J. Priscu.
- Participant and discussion leader, National Science Foundation Workshop "Emerging Research Questions for Limnology: The Study of Inland Waters. December 2002. J. Priscu.
- Participant and raporteur, American Society of Limnology and Oceanography/NSF funded workshop on Emerging Issues in Limnology. Boulder, CO. December 2002.J. Priscu.
- Organizing Committee, NSF funded FASTDRILL workshop. October 2002. J. Priscu.
- United States Ice Core Working Group member. 2002-2008. J. Priscu.
- Advisory Committee for the United States Ice Core Drilling Services. 2002- 2008. J. Priscu.
- Convener for the international Group of Specialists to plan the exploration of Lake Vostok and other subglacial lakes. 2000-present. J. Priscu.
- United States Biology representative to the Scientific Committee of Antarctic Research (SCAR). 2000-2006. J. Priscu.
- National Science Foundation Office Advisory Committee for the Office of Polar Programs. 2000-2002. J. Priscu.
- National Science Foundation Advisory Committee for Environmental Research and Education 2000-2002. J. Priscu.
- Review Committee, Public Radio Documentary Series "The DNA Files". 2000- 2001. J. Priscu.
- Sponsor for the NASA Planetary Biology Internship Program. 2000-present. J. Priscu.
- Sponsor for NASA GSRP and Space Grant Consortium students. 1997-present. J. Priscu.
- Sponsor for NASA Montana Space Grant Consortium students. 1996-present. J. Priscu.
Priscu Research Group
Department of Land Resources
and Environmental Sciences
334 Leon Johnson Hall
Bozeman, MT 59717
Tel: (406) 994-3250
Fax: (406) 994-5863