Psychology Academic Advising Center
Location: 319 Traphagen Hall
Fall Hours: Monday to Thurs 8:30-5:00 pm. Fri 8:30-4:00 pm
Phone: 994-6052; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
Stop in, Ask Questions, Learn to Find Answers!
Prepare for an advising meeting
Do your 'advising homework' from our Advising Handout
Just confused? Stop in and chat!
Download your DegreeWorks and bring it with you!
Choosing courses for next semester
1. Pick up your PIN for registration in Peer Advising Center, 319 Traphagen Hall
2. Update your Psych Major Worksheet (download form) (pre-2010 form)
3. Think! What courses do you need and what options are there?
4. Look online at what's offered. What's best for your own goals?
5. Update your Core 2.0 Worksheet
6. Meet with a peer or faculty advisor, or both, then register online!
Plan your curriculum. Maybe add a minor or double major!
- 4-year Plan for Psychology
- 4-year Plan for Psychology with Pre-med
- 4-year Plan for Psychology with Coaching Minor
- 4-year Plan for Psychology with Women's and Gender Studies Minor
- 4-year Plan for Psychology with Philosophy double major
- 4-year Plan for Psychology with Soc / Criminology [note, Soc and Crim are not the same option. Also, this is a rough overview of requirements. Students should consult with someone in Sociology regarding more specific requirements ].
- 4-year Course Plan for Psychology with Business
Figuring out when you'll graduate? Check Degree Works!
Download major requirements here or (pre-2010 requirements). Fill out Baccalaureate Degree Application and go over it with a peer advisor in 319 Traphagen Hall or your faculty advisor (bring your DegreeWorks printout with you)
Forms and worksheets
- Psych major requirements worksheet: in pdf pre-2010 requirements
- Core 2.0 worksheet
- Drop-Add form for courses. Will it affect your financial aid or graduation? Update your 4 yr plan
- Declare or Change Major or Minor Form (Psychology or any)
- Baccalaureate Graduation Application
- PSYX 223 (Research Design & Analysis I) consent form
- PSYX 490R Research Consent Form see faculty lab websites
- PSYX 495 Field Practicum consent form and information
Orientation slide show (in pdf) (covers Core 2.0,Psych major, Student Resources)
Join our Peer Academic Advising Team
Peer advisors take 3 credits of PSYX 495, read articles about academic advising, learn to be an advisor, and help staff the Peer Advising Center. Email Keith Hutchison: email@example.com.
Find a Career Path! You can do a lot of things with Psychology
Graduate Study in Psychology
- Montana State University M.S. in Psychological Science
- APA Guide to Graduate Study in Psychology (link out)