Psychology Faculty News
- The Psychology department welcomes newly-hired Assistant Professor Dr. Neha John-Henderson! Dr. John-Henderson is currently a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Pittsburgh and her research interest is psychoneuroimmunology. Specifically, how early life environments such as socioeconomic status affect later health.
- Dr. Jessi Smith has been named an Association for Psychological Science fellow. As an APS Fellow, Dr. Smith now becomes part of a distinguished group of peers whose work has influenced the field of psychological science in important and lasting ways. She was also named a Fellow of the American Psychological Association.
- Please welcome our new administrative assistant Amanda Thompson! Amanda previous worked in MSU's financial aid office and will work along Brenda in the main office (Trap 325).
- Dr. Jessi Smith and MSU's ADVANCE project were featured on Amy Poehler's "smart girls" website. Click here.
- The Psychology Department is hiring an assistant professor to start Fall 2016.
- Dr. Handley and Dr. Smith's new article demonstrating that male STEM faculty are more skeptical of research demonstrating gender bias was featured on MSU's website [click here] and this story has since been picked up by The Sidney Herald, Inside Higher Ed, The Autrailian, The Conversation, IFL Science, Phys.org, News Fisher, Think Progress, Feminist Philosophers, and Science News!
- Keith Hutchison presented a talk on 'Controlling Attention' for the Wonderlust lecture series at the Museum of the Rockies' Hagar Auditorium.
- Jessi Smith and Ian Handley's BioScience article entitled "Empirically Testing a 3-Step Intervention to Increase Faculty Gender Diversity in STEM" has received press in MSU news (here), Pacific Standard (here), and Science daily (here).
- Michelle Meade presented a talk on 'False Memories' for the Wonderlust lecture series at the Museum of the Rockies' Hagar Auditorium.
- The Board of Regents approved our Ph.D. program in Psychological Science!!! We are accepting applicants January 1st, 2016.
- The Psychology department welcomes newly-hired Assistant Professor Dr. Brandon Scott! Dr. Scott was a postdoctoral fellow at the Reach Institute at Arizona State University, and his research focuses on anxiety and emotion regulation in children.
- Congratulations to our Chair, Keith Hutchison, for running and finishing the Bridger Ridge Run!
- Dr. Richard Block is Professor Emeritus of Psychology as of May 21, 2015. He plans to continue research, but is no longer webmaster. See his webpage for details.
- Dr. Tom Heyman, a visiting postdoctoral researcher from Belgium, who is working with Dr. Keith Hutchison, is featured in the APA PeePs (Particularly Exciting Experiments in Psychology) and has an article in the Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition. (View here).