Official diplomas are awarded upon the completion of degree requirements and are Montana State University's recognition of individual achievement.
Individuals who wish to order replacement copies of previously awarded diplomas may do so by sending a signed request and payment--check or money order--to the Office of the Registrar.
Requests usually take 5-6 weeks to print and proof, after which the official diploma is mailed to the graduate.
Rush processing is also available. Rush processing usually takes 2-3 weeks for printing
and proofing. The total $95.00* cost includes:
$25 Diploma Cost
$25 Printer's Rush Fee
$25 FedEx shipping from Printer to MSU
$20 FedEx shipping fee from MSU to delivery address
*This cost is for US deliveries only; for international rush processing, please contact the office.
Replacement diploma requests may be made with the Replacement Diploma Order Form or by providing the following information:
- Your Full Name including any Previous Names
- Social Security Number or Student ID Number
- Date of Birth
- Degree Awarded
- Graduation Term and Year
- Name as it should be printed on the diploma
- Address, City, State, Zip (Country) diploma is to be sent to
- Your signature - required!
- $25.00 for standard processing or $95.00* for rush processing (*this cost is for US deliveries only; for international rush processing, please contact the office)
Mail your signed requests with payment to:
Office of the Registrar
101 Montana Hall
Montana State University
Bozeman, MT 59717-2660
Diplomas are printed with the academic term end date in which the degree is granted.
Commencement is held annually in May and is for those students who have completed degree requirements during the Summer, Fall or Spring semesters of that academic year.
Questions about diploma orders, mailing addresses, or international rush processing costs should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.