- Cox Family Awards for Creative Scholarship and Teaching
- William Wyckoff, earth sciences; Gordon Brittan, history and philosophy; and Gwen Jacobs, cell biology and neurosicence.
- Charles and Nora L. Wiley Faculty Award for Meritorious Research and Creativity
- William Costerton, director of the Center for Biofilm Engineering; Dana Longcope, associate professor of physics; and Clark Maxam, associate professor of finance.
- James and Mary Ross Provost's Award for Excellence
- David Cherry, history.
- President's Excellence in Teaching Award
- Steven Eiger, cell biology and neuroscience, WWAMI; Michael Beehler, English; and Susan Dana, business.
- College of Letters and Science Outstanding Teaching Award
- Lynda Sexson, religious studies, for the tenure track award, and Yuka Hara, instructor of Japanese, for the non-tenure track award.
- Betty Coffey Award
- Joan Henson, microbiology.
- Anna K. Fridley Excellence in Teaching Award
- Kathleen Chafey, nursing.
- Blue and Gold Award
- Stuart Knapp, scholar, administrator, teacher and long-time supporter of higher education. One of the top awards given by the Montana State University Alumni Association, the Blue and Gold Award honors a person who has rendered great lifetime service or who has brought national or international distinction to MSU or to the state of Montana. Knapp retired from MSU in 1999.
- Karen Harvey Prize
- Dana Longcope, physics, for theoretical studies of the sun. The prize is given by the Solar Physics Division of the American Astronomical Society.
- Sigmund Koch Early Career Award
- John Christopher, health and human development, for work on alternative conceptions of self and well-being. The award is given by the American Psychological Association.
- Beta Gamma Sigma Professor of the Year
- Christie Johnson, business
- Fulbright Scholars
- Walter Metz, media and theatre arts; Doug Young, agricultural economics and economics; Kath Williams, architecture; Sitka Karahan, business
- Gilhousen Telecommunications Chair
- Richard Wolff, vice president of research at Telcordia Advanced Network Systems Research Lab, New Jersey
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars,MSU Distinguished Member
- Nancy Dodd, business
Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship
- Bonnie Kirkpatrick of Dillon. Hers was the second Goldwater awarded to the George and Denise Kirkpatrick family. Kay, Bonnie's sister, won a Goldwater in 2001.
- Truman Scholarship
- Kathryn J. "Katie" Conner, an English major from Great Falls, was the ninth MSU student to receive the $30,000 merit-based grant awarded to students who evidence potential and dedication to public service.
- International design contest
Onawa Linden of Helena, a graphic design major, won a gold medal in an international student design competition sponsored by the Agfa Gevaert Group. She was one of 14 winners from around the world and two from the United States in Agfa's 2002 Young Creatives Competition.
- Phi Kappa Phi
Laura Jennings of Helena, chemical engineering, received the $8,000 Phi Kappa Phi graduate fellowship. Hailey Haffey
of Anaconda, English, was named outstanding senior. Outstanding junior was Kathryn Conner of Great Falls, English.
- Foundation's Graduate Achievement Awards for 2002/2003
- Randy Reibel of Colorado Springs, Colo., Ph.D. in physics; and Anthony "Chip" Lukes III of Missoula, master's in electrical engineering.