COS Pivot provides Montana State University with access to services that help you publicize research online, locate potential collaborators, find funding, and conduct research online.
Log in to COS Pivot at http://pivot.cos.com/.
If you don’t have a current COS account or Pivot account, you can easily create one at http://pivot.cos.com/ and click on "Sign Up". You will use your MSU email address. A verification email will be sent to you with a link to click before you get full Pivot access. Your email address will become your Username. Note: Access is restricted to Montana State University campuses.
If you have a profile in Pivot, you will want to connect that profile to your account, or “Claim your profile”.
Claiming a profile allows you to see the Advisor on your home page and also update your profile. When logging in, if you see your name in the upper right as a hyperlink, your profile has already been claimed.
If the name is not hyperlinked and you see an option to “Claim Profile” it has not been claimed.
Click on the “This is me” button if you see your profile listed. If the email displayed is still valid, you simply select it. If not, there is an option to notify COS of the change by filling out a form requesting “Manual Verification”. You will receive email notification when it has been completed.
If you feel someone should have a Pivot profile, you can submit a request (Suggest A Scholar). It takes approximately two weeks to add a new profile.
Update your Profile next.
On-campus users can search Pivot funding and profiles without being logged into their account, but in order to save, track, monitor and share funding opportunities or funding searches, users will need to log in. Off-campus users can access all Pivot functions by logging into their account.
Search tips – http://pivot.cos.com/funding_main/search_tips
Quick Searching – Search by text or by sponsor
- Advanced Searching – Click on “Funding” tab, then “Advanced Search”
- Searchable fields are: All Fields (full text searching), Amount, Deadline, Limited Submission/Internal Coordination, Activity Location, Citizenship or Residency, Funding Type, COS Keywords, and Requirements.
- Enter terms in the "Exclude These" section to eliminate opportunities you do not want to see.
- Use "Refine Your Query" at the top of the search results page to add or remove criteria to narrow or broaden your original search.
- Tools – Log in to your account to track, share or export opportunities.
- Saved Searches and Funding Alerts – Saving a search query saves you time as a weekly funding alert is automatically provided that will identify any newly added or updates opps that match your query. You can save unlimited number of searches. Alerts are run on Sunday and can be emailed to you.
COS Pivot Profiles provide authoritative information about more than 3 million scholars around the world, together with verified affiliation and publication information. It includes key biographical information, research interests, selected publications, and contact information, enabling users to identify and contact relevant scholars based on their research, publishing, and professional credentials.
Profiles are created for faculty members listed on University academic department websites. Profiles are created for part-time and adjunct faculty and in some instances, graduate students as well.
COS Pivot provides several tools to help you with your navigation.