Running ScansClick Here to get your FREE security software
Run a spyware scan with Spybot: Search and Destroy
Run a virus scan with McAfee
Updating Spybot - Search and Destroy and running a scan.
- Double-click the Spybot - Search and Destroy icon on the Desktop or in the
Note: If you get a window titled Legal Stuff, just click OK.
- You may get a window recommending you remove Ad-Aware.
Just select Ignore to continue.
- Select the Search for Updates button.
- In the update window, select any USA server and click Continue
- Select all available updates and click Download. When they're done
- You should be back at the main screen now. Select Check for Problems to start the scan.
- If the scan has not started click Check for Problems. After the scan has
select all malicious software and click Fix Selected Problems.
- You may now close the program.
Updating McAfee and running a scan.
- Right-click the McAfee shield located in the bottom right of your computer screen and select VirusScan Console...
- At the main window, click AutoUpdate and
select the green go button at the top of the window.
- After updates have finished, select Full Scan in the main window and click the green go button at the top of the window.
- Select Remove for any malware the scan finds.