- Asbjornsen, E. J., B. E. Saether, J. D. C. Linnell, S. Engen, R. Andersen, and T. Bretten. 2005. Predicting the growth of a small introduced muskox population using population prediction intervals. J. Animal Ecology 74:612-618. (Assigned 1/17/19)
- Kendall, B. E., G. A. Fox, M. Fujiwara, and T. M. Nogeire. 2011. Demographic heterogeneity, cohort selection, and population growth. Ecology 92:1985–1993. (Assigned 1/29/19)
Govindarjulu, P., R. Altwegg, and B.R. Anholt. 2005. Matrix model investigation of invasive species control: bullfrogs on Vancouver Island. Ecological Applications 15:2161:2170. (Assigned 2/14/19)
- Brook, B.W., and C.J.A. Bradshaw. 2006. Strength of evidence for density dependence in abundance time series of 1198 species. Ecology 87:1445-1451. (Assigned 2/28/19)
- Coulson, T., et al. 2001. Age, sex, density,winter weather, and population crashes in Soay sheep. Science 292 (5521): 1528-1531. (Assigned 3/26/19)
Lemaître, J.F., Berger, V., Bonenfant, C., Douhard, M., Gamelon, M., Plard, F., and Gaillard, J.M. 2015. Early-late life trade-offs and the evolution of ageing in the wild. In Proc. R. Soc. B 282, p. 20150209. (Assigned 4/09/19).
Sandercock, B.K., E.B. Nilsen, H. Brøseth, and H.C. Pedersen. 2011. Is hunting mortality additive or compensatory to natural mortality? Effects of experimental harvest on the survival and cause-specific mortality of willow ptarmigan. Journal of Animal Ecology, 80: 244–258. (Assigned 4/11/2019)
- Link to U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service report. 2018. Adaptive harvest management: 2019 hunting season. U.S. Department of Interior, Washington, D.C. 72pp. (Assigned 4/18/2019)
Pavlacky, D. C., H. P. Possingham, A. J. Lowe, P. J. Prentis, D. J. Green, and A. W. Goldizen. 2012. Anthropogenic landscape change promotes asymmetric dispersal and limits regional patch occupancy in a spatially structured bird population. Journal of Animal Ecology 81:940-952. (Assigned 4/18/17)
Feyrer, F., J. Hobbs, S. Acuna, B. Mahardja, L. Grimaldo, M. Baerwald, R.C. Johnson, and S. Teh. 2015. Metapopulation structure of a semi-anadromous fish in a dynamic environment. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 72:709-721. (Assigned 4/20/17).
Many journals in population biology are available through the MSU library and can be used to obtain pdf copies of many of the articles used in the course.
Google Scholar is also often helpful for finding copies of articles.