STEM Summit 2019 Wednesday, Aug. 7, 3pm to 5pm and Thursday, Aug. 8, 2019, 8:30am to 11:30am Montana State University-Bozeman
Our complex, changing world needs critical thinkers to tackle modern challenges. STEM learning and STEM thinking help to build the knowledge and skills that are so desired in today’s workforce.
Please join us for STEM Summit 2019 where we will focus on identifying concrete actions to undertake in our local and state communities to advance STEM learning. We will build upon the foundation of the first STEM Summit (2017)* by
- revisiting priorities and learning about strategies that are working statewide;
- identifying new opportunities and challenges;
- developing action items; and
- building a bridge between formal and informal education and the workforce.
By the end of the “unconference”-style event, we will have mapped next steps for sparking curiosity and building skills for learners in all areas of the state.
*All are welcome to participate, whether or not you participated in the first STEM Summit in 2017.
Who should attend?
- Employers and working professionals
- Educators, administrators and counselors
- Out of school time programs and organizations
- Parents and other STEM champions
- Policy makers, funders and non-profits
- Anyone who cares about the future of STEM in Montana!
Wednesday, Aug. 7: 3:15 to 5pm – STEM Industry Panel
STEM professionals from a variety of industries will share thoughts on how to connect formal and informal education to STEM careers
Thursday, Aug. 8: 8:30 to 11:30 (registration opens at 8am) – “Unconference” style work
Learn about STEM success stories, opportunities and challenges Then choose the topics most relevant to you and join others in outlining strategies and developing action items
Please also consider attending the Science Summer Institute, Aug. 6-7 ; and/or the Afterschool and Beyond professional development conference Aug. 8-9 http://www.mtafterschoolalliance.org/conference-2019