STEM Summit 2019 Thursday, Aug. 8, 2019, 8:30am to 11:30am Montana State University-Bozeman
Our complex, changing world needs critical thinkers to tackle modern challenges. STEM learning and STEM thinking help to build the knowledge and skills that are so desired in today’s workforce.
STEM Summit 2019 were focused on identifying concrete actions to undertake in our local and state communities to advance STEM learning. We have built the foundation of the first STEM Summit (2017)* by
- revisiting priorities and learning about strategies that are working statewide;
- identifying new opportunities and challenges;
- developing action items; and
- building a bridge between formal and informal education and the workforce.
By the end of the “unconference”-style event, we have mapped next steps for sparking curiosity and building skills for learners in all areas of the state.
- Employers and working professionals
- Educators, administrators and counselors
- Out of school time programs and organizations
- Parents and other STEM champions
- Policy makers, funders and non-profits
Wednesday, Aug. 7: 3:15 to 5pm – STEM Industry Panel
STEM professionals from a variety of industries shared thoughts on how to connect formal and informal education to STEM careers
Thursday, Aug. 8: 8:30 to 11:30 – “Unconference” style work