Staff Senate Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
|X||Andrew Board||X||Ron Brekke, Benefits||X||Dave Court, Budget||X||Ariel Donohue, Parking Appeals|
|A||Diane Dorgan, O&E||A||Marie Doubrava||X||Sandra Fiegi||A||Jacob Hahn, PTAC|
|X||Deb Harrison||X||Keely Holmes, Planning||A||Neil Jorgensen, UFPB||A||Rita Larby|
|A||Kerri Marx, Benefits||X||Wendy McCarty, Personnel||X||Merry Paceley, Personnel||X||Roy Pino|
|X||Joe Robbins||A||Amy Sadosky, Parking Appeals||X||Tracy Simonson, Benefits||X||Sylvia Sparkman|
|X||Justin van Almelo, Facilities||X||Bill Van Horn, Space||X||Deb Wilke||A||Shana Wold, Marketing|
-- DRAFT -- -- DRAFT -- -- DRAFT -- -- DRAFT --
- Call to Order. The meeting was called to order by chair, Dave Court. Guest Amy Kanuch, University Communications, was present.
- Approval of Minutes. Minutes of September 17, 2014 was approved.
- Guest Speaker - Amy Kanuch, University Communications, presented information on the annual MSU Charitable Giving Campaign.
- Introduction. Dave Clark was introduced as the new Staff Senate representative to CSAC.
- Committee Reports
- Association of Shared Governance Leaders – Dave Court – met 10/7 representatives from Faculty Senate, Professional Council, Staff Senate and ASMSU discussed a number of topics.
- Budget Council – Dave Court – met 9/23 discussed FY12 SIP Assessments & Ratings, began preparation for a formal recommendation and reviewed draft FAQ’s for website.
- Campus Sustainability Advisory Council – Dave Clark– meeting cancelled.
- Facilities Services Advisory – Justin van Almelo – meeting cancelled.
- MSU Benefits & IUBC – Ron Brekke, Kerri Marx, and Tracy Simonson – IUBC met 10/ 2 and 3 in Helena topics included the MUS Wellness Incentive Program a flyer describing how to earn points and rewards (Fitbit) was sent out and noted the Limeade roll-out (www.muswell.limeade.com), the plan is in good financial condition, Delta Dental needs to expand and list more providers/dentists, URx continues to be challenged with increased costs, health programs like Take Control are improving participants health, and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana is offering a hardware vision to their plan. ACA (Affordable Care Act) requirements for compliance, responsibility, form to be handled by Human Resources.
- NAIC/CoE Expansion-Parking Subcommittee - Deb Wilke – construction eta is to start July, 2015 with completion fall semester, 2016. The NAIC construction will begin May/June 2016.
- NAIC/CoE Expansion-Presentation Hall Subcommittee - Rita Larby – no report.
- Outreach & Engagement Council – Diane Dorgan – no update.
- Parking & Transportation Advisory – Jacob Hahn – meeting this afternoon.
- Planning Council – Keely Holmes – did not meet.
- President’s Commission on the Status of University Women – Sylvia Sparkman – joined the policy and bylaws sub-committees. The Commission is sponsoring a Movers & Shakers program in the Procrastinator Theater.
- Recreational Sports and Fitness Advisory Board – Marie Doubrava – did not meet.
- Space Management – Bill Van Horn – met 10/3 discussion was on upcoming construction of the NAIC, parking garage, and Presentation Hall at 7th and Grant.
- University Facilities Planning – Neil Jorgensen – no update.
- University Council – Staff Senate Chair – met 10/1 new item was from Health Promotion to Office of Health Advancement. Informational Items included presentations on Strategic Plan Progress Report and Rouse Justice Center.
- Other Committee reports
- Old Business
- Years of Service Ceremony – Shana Wold, Dave Court, Kerri Marx, and Joan Ford –was held Friday, October 10th from 2 to 4 p.m. in the SUB Ballrooms. Senators discussed the positives and negatives of the event. The YoS committee will meet with the President, HR, and Administration and Finance for a debriefing on Friday, 10/17.
- New Business.
- Staff Involvement in Dean and Department Head Reviews – the issue was raised during a meeting with President and Provost. This process is being examined.
- Information Items
- Tom Stump, Director Auxiliary Services, will the guest speaker at the 11/15 Senate meeting to give a presentation on the New Freshman Housing Complex.
- The Bozeman chapter of MPEA has selected a single topic for 2014-15. The union is requesting OCHE perform a third party salary survey. Additionally, it was noted that OCHE promised the inclusion of MPEA in a Labor Management committee after the 2013 biennium. The committee has been delayed due to a staff change.
- Senators discussed the upcoming Brown Bag Lunch with President Cruzado, Provost Potvin and V.P. Administration and Finance on 10/28. Senators requested the topics shared be distributed via email for further topic development and refinement.
- Public Comment.
- Motion to Adjourn. The meeting was adjourned at 11:00 a.m.
Next Meeting: Wednesday, November 19, SUB 233