Staff Senate Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Wilson Hall, Bradley Conference Room, 2-257
|X||Andrew Board||X||Ron Brekke, Benefits||X||Dave Court, Budget||X||Ariel Donohue, Parking Appeals|
|X||Diane Dorgan, O&E||X||Marie Doubrava||X||Sandra Fiegi||A||Jacob Hahn, PTAC|
|X||Deb Harrison||X||Keely Holmes, Planning||X||Neil Jorgensen, UFPB||X||Rita Larby|
|X||Kerri Marx, Benefits||X||Wendy McCarty, Personnel||A||Merry Paceley, Personnel||A||Roy Pino|
|X||Joe Robbins||A||Amy Sadosky, Parking Appeals||X||Tracy Simonson, Benefits||X||Sylvia Sparkman|
|X||Justin van Almelo, Facilities||A||Bill Van Horn, Space||X||Deb Wilke||X||Shana Wold, Marketing|
-- DRAFT -- -- DRAFT -- -- DRAFT -- -- DRAFT --
- Call to Order. The meeting was called to order by vice chair, Dave Court. Newly appointed committee members were introduced: MSU Benefits Committee – Tracy Simonson replacing Julie Heard, Planning Council – Keely Holmes replacing Shana Wold, Recreational Sports and Fitness Advisory Board – Marie Doubrava replacing Eric Wold, and University Facilities Planning Board – Neil Jorgensen replacing Mandy Hansen.
- Approval of Minutes. Minutes of July 16, 2014 were approved.
- Committee Reports
- Association of Shared Governance Leaders – Dave Court – did not meet.
- Budget Council – Dave Court – did not meet.
- Campus Sustainability Advisory Council – Vacant – no report.
- Facilities Services Advisory – Justin van Almelo – did not meet.
- Recreational Sports and Fitness Advisory Board – Marie Doubrava – did not meet.
- MSU Benefits & IUBC – Ron Brekke, Kerri Marx, and Tracy Simonson – did not meet.
- Outreach & Engagement Council – Diane Dorgan – no report.
- Parking & Transportation Advisory – Jacob Hahn – no report.
- Planning Council – Keely Holmes – did not meet.
- President’s Commission on the Status of University Women – Sylvia Sparkman – no report.
- Space Management – Bill Van Horn – did not meet.
- University Facilities Planning – Neil Jorgensen – met 7/29 and 8/12, topics of discussion include: Classroom Design Guidelines Revision, Residence Hall Update, MDOT new signal at Garfield St. and So. 19th Ave. and road work and new signals on College St. between So. 19th and Main St. Approved the National Ecological Observatory Network (NEON) Tower Site. Upcoming Project Considerations were discussed with one recommendation to locate the Army/ROTC Field Storage Facility and the EHHD Human Performance Lab on a site in Faculty Court/Research Court on the south east part of campus off S. 5th Ave.
- University Council – Staff Senate Chair – met 8/6, Informational Items included: Northern Montana Plains Indian Museum Presentation, Alcohol, Sexual Assault Prevention and Financial Literacy Education for Incoming Students, and Athletics Overview. Slides will be emailed to Senators. New Title XI training is coming soon and the International Travel Policy is on the web for comments.
- Other Committee reports
- Old Business
- Years of Service Ceremony – Shana Wold, Dave Court, Kerri Marx, and Joan Ford –The ceremony is scheduled for Friday, October 3rd from 2 to 4 p.m. in the SUB Ballrooms. Pins and Awards have been designed and ordered, catering and room layout are being discussed, a reserve the date will be included in MSU Today, recipient invitations are being designed, recipients may invite one guest, Dave Court will be the photographer, Brad Haderlie is being contacted to provide lighting, music is being arranged, and employee data reports continues to require modification and verification.
- New Business.
- Staff Involvement in Dean and Department Head Reviews – Dave was requested to put this back on the agenda for follow up with the President and Provost.
- Information Items
- Marci Torres, Director of Health Promotions, will be the 9/17 guest speaker her topic: Alcohol & Sexual Assault Prevention
- Jill Flores, CSAC representative has resigned from Staff Senate. A recent promotion does not allow her the time to participate.
- Public Comment. No public comment.
- Motion to Adjourn. The meeting was adjourned at 10:00 a.m.
Next Meeting: Wednesday, September 17, 2014, SUB 233