Staff Senate Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Wilson Hall, Bradley conference room 2-257
|X||Andrew Board||X||Ron Brekke, Benefits||X||Dave Court, Budget||X||Ariel Donohue, Pres Comm|
|X||Diane Dorgan, O&E||A||Jill Flores, CSAC||X||Jacob Hahn, PTAC||A||Mandy Hansen, UFPB|
|A||Deb Harrison||X||Kerri Marx, Benefits||X||Wendy McCarty, Personnel||X||Linda McDonald|
|A||Merry Paceley, Personnel||X||Roy Pino||X||Joe Robbins||A||Amy Sadosky, Parking Appeals|
|X||Sylvia Sparkman||X||Justin van Almelo, Facilities||X||Bill Van Horn, Space||X||Deb Wilke|
|A||Eric Wold, Rec Sports||X||Shana Wold, Planning & Univ|
Attendance Code Key: X = Attended A = Apologies for Absence Staff, Joan Ford, was absent..
-- DRAFT -- -- DRAFT -- -- DRAFT -- -- DRAFT --
- Call to Order. The meeting was called to order by chair, Shana Wold. Guest Sandra Fiegi was present.
- Approval of Minutes. Minutes of May 28, 2014 were approved with a correction to the CSAC report.
- Committee Reports
- Association of Shared Governance Leaders – Shana Wold – did not meet. ASMSU leadership is unable to meet with the Senate until September. Joan is working on scheduling a meeting between the leaders of the two groups in July.
- Budget Council – Dave Court – did not meet.
- Campus Sustainability Advisory Council – Jill Flores – no report.
- Facilities Services Advisory – Justin van Almelo – no update.
- Fitness Center Oversight Committee & Recreation Sports Advisory Board – Eric Wold – did not meet.
- MSU Benefits & IUBC – Ron Brekke and Kerri Marx – did not meet. Senators spoke about challenges with the CHOICES software interface. Ron will address the comments he received with the committee.
- Outreach & Engagement Council – Diane Dorgan – meeting next week.
- Parking & Transportation Advisory – Jacob Hahn – the paid parking lot by the SUB will be converted to meters, the current staff will move to other duties within the parking organization, parking permits will increase $5, and a sub-committee is being formed to investigate a parking garage.
- Planning Council –Shana Wold – did not meet.
- President’s Commission on the Status of University Women – Ariel Donohue – no report.
- Space Management – Bill Van Horn – discussion included potential moves: ACE program to Culbertson, EHHD to Reid Hall, Gallatin College to expand into Romney Hall.
- University Facilities Planning – Mandy Hansen – no report.
- University Council – Staff Senate Chair – June meeting was cancelled.
- Other Committee reports
- Old Business
- Years of Service Ceremony – Shana Wold, Dave Court, Kerri Marx, and Joan Ford – Terry Leist joined the meeting discussion. He requested feedback from a broader number of staff. YOS members will poll classified and professional staff on option A) move to all pins. It was noted that per the State of Montana web page (http://gsd.mt.gov/procurementservices/centralstoresprogram.mcpx) they use all pins. The vendor the President’s office uses for logoed items can do something similar to the State pins. Or option B) a graduated systems of pins to a certain number of years then moving into logoed awards. Terry suggested using a 3rd party to manage the awards. It was noted that President Cruzado preferred recipients receive pins and/or awards at the ceremony and is not in favor of using a 3rd party. Senate discussion noted: that 25 years of service was a significant number, that the ceremony and awards should mean something, and appreciated being recognized by the President for their dedication and loyalty. Shana noted that the YOS committee is also looking into giving a certificate with individuals YOS information, as well as, having a commemorative book or program listing all names and YOS information. Data continues to be gathered. Terry stated that HR will be the owner of this program going forward. Shana will follow up with HR. The ceremony is scheduled for Friday, October 3rd in the afternoon.
- New Business. No new business.
- Information Items
- Sylvia announced Telephone Services will be upgrading the voice messaging system with a system this summer.
- Public Comment. No public comment.
- Motion to Adjourn. The meeting was adjourned at 9:52 a.m.
Next Meeting: Wednesday, July 16, 2014, in Reid Hall 415.