MSU-Bozeman Classified Employees Personnel Advisory Committee Minutes
December 10, 1997
- Present: Not available
- Absent: Not available
I. Old Business
- President Malone was presented with the names of the nominees for the special
committee to be created. Kathy Griffth was chosen. Kathy was asked what this
committee would be doing. She stated that the committee was created to look at
the severe budget cuts and make recommmendation to the President as to what
course to take. There are 9 committee members. She also stated that the
meetings were open.
- It was decided by the committee to take a closer look at Committee vs Council.
Darcy Halpin said she would take some time and see what it would take to make
CEPAC a council. She also handed out material that was used when the Faculty
went to a council. It was also discussed if CEPAC was to become a council it
would then be considered a member (voting?) to the University Governce Council.
CEPAC has been invited to attend these meetings now but could possibly be a
voting member in the future.
II. New Business
- LRPB-No report
- Design Review Board-During the November meeting the Mission Statement was discussed. Several
proposals have been submitted to the President and they have not been signed.
There was also talk of disbanning as the committee questions the need for
UFPUB. The committee asked President Malone to attend a meeting. Went over
some concerns of the committee and he said he had no problem with the committee
or their duties.Minutes shows the guidelines. This committee deals with
enviromental issues. Wants more involvement from the campus-Campus Pride
Program. One issue is the "cow paths" and what to do about stopping people
from walking on the lawn.
- Traffic Appeals-Jill said they are interesting meetings and they will be done until next
semster. There were questions raised about lot plowing and reserve parking.
Jill will be looking into both issuses. It was decided by the committee to
appoint some CEPAC members to make recommendations to the traffice appeals committee.
The members are as follows:
- Affirmative Action-No report
- Benefits Committee-No meeting. Lloyd Hansen asked about the money that
Wellness was costing the University System. Patty gave a brief review on where
the medical plan in losing money. Last year it appears it was due to babies.
Patty also mentioned that there is going to be a consultant review of the
medical plan. Periodically the consultant is put out to bid. The state is
also looking at reviewing their consultant. It has been proposed that the
state and University System share a consultant. Patty still feels that the
University has a better medical plan than the state and would like to see us
stay on our own.
- Employee Wellness-Kirk reported that the excerise plan with the hospital is
on hold for the time being. The hospital is moving towards Community Health
Center. The hospital is also concerned about making waves with the sports
centers downtown. Young at Heart needs a new person to work with the Senior
Center. Also discussed the Choices's survey and thought the numbers were
III. Members Concerns
- Pam Lingenfelter was unable to attend today's meeting but did have a report on
a meeting she had attended concerning benefits.
- There was also discussion of attendance to CEPAC. The committee felt that if a
member was unable to attend they should send a replacement with their report.
- That's all for now....next meeting is January 14, 1997 at 9 am...President's
Dawn Watkins, CEPAC secretary