MSU-Bozeman Classified Employees Personnel Advisory Committee
March 10, 1999
- Present: Jill Allison, Susan Alt, Carol Bittinger, Donna Gollehon, Connie Hupka, Roberta Kerr, Jenny Knickerbocker,
Dianne Kramarich, Sheron McIlhatan, Helen McFaul, Nancy Topel,
Sharon Townsend, and Dawn Watkins
- Absent: Diane Allen, Pete Boharski, David Eklund, Kathy
Griffith, Patty Gunderson, Darcy Halpin, Lloyd Hansen,
Joe Miller, Larry Miller, Bluette Phillips, and Brenda York
I. Guest speaker today was President Malone. He gave us an overview of how the university system was faring so far with
the legislature. GOOD NEWS: The WAMI repay bill was defeated and the university system is exempted from the firearm law.
BAD NEWS: Money for National Guard Scholarships (1/4 million) and state support for tribal colleges ($900,000) would be
coming out of the MUS funding. Also, there was no new funding for utilities and matching monies for research was in question.
We are at the low point and will have to wait until the second half of the session to see if the money is restored. The pay plan is
currently only funded at 2/3. They are getting ready to search for the VP Admin position and will need a representative from the
classified staff. He did say that we are finishing this fiscal year in good shape.
II. Old Business
- Last month's minutes were approved.
III. Standing Committee Reports
Because of lack of time and lack of attendance by many of the members who are on committees we did not spend much time
in this area. Roz Wortman did send me the lengthy minutes of the last meeting but since the SPBC is supposed to have a
retreat next month and they are only in the information gathering stage right now, I am not going to include the minutes at this time.
I am going to come up with a form for people to complete to summarize any committee information. Hopefully this will help CEPAC
to get the information in a timely manner.
III. New Business:
With no other concerns the meeting was adjourned at 11:00 AM.
- Bluette Phillips resigned from CEPAC due to time commitment problems. We thank her for all of her work this year. Brenda York
volunteered to take minutes for these last few meetings this year. Thanks, Brenda!!
- There were concerns about the lack of attendance by CEPAC members. I will personally call those members who have not been
attending to see why. We talked about coming up with some guidelines for membership. Will continue this discussion next month.
- The next Board of Regents meeting will be March 24 in Helena. I will give a report at the April CEPAC meeting.
- Two names were submitted to President Malone for the VP Admin Search Committee: Brenda York and Carol Bittinger.
(addendum - Carol Bittinger was chosen by President Malone)
- Next CEPAC meeting is April 14 in the President's Conference Room in