-No cutting of $30.00 staff/faculty discount for parking, but parking fees will be increased
-Brenda asked about using the $30.00 toward bus pass, President Roark will look into this with ASMSU.
-E-mail for all classified employees:
- President Roark has talked to PEC about this and they do realize that something needs to be done
- Carol pointed out that it has been frustrating from CEPACíS perspective because this discussion has been going on for over 1Ĺ years
- President Roark will talk to Tom Stump and see where this issue is at
-Salary increases will remain for the classified employees, will not be touched in budget cuts
-President Roark stated that we are at the "end of the rope" for budget cuts, there needs to be long range goals in place
-Kathy brought up Banner and money set-aside for implementation and training:
- Is there compensation for the classified employees that have had to implement and train others for Banner? (Some of these employees have put in 50-80 hours a week with no overtime, etc)
- Compensation has been added into budget projections and will be asked to be funded by the legislature
-Board of Regents suggested guidelines for balancing budgets, according to President Roark are the following:
- Maintain a 2% reserve (which at present needs to be built up)
- Funding based on enrollment- when enrollment increases this cushion is achievable, however when enrollment decreases the $ effect is immediate
- Libraries need increased $$
- Technology needs increased $$
- Increase staff development opportunities
- Operation/maintenance should be around 13%
-Athletics budget crunch:
- Will see a balanced budget in the next 2 years
- They will be in the red this year, but should be in the black by the year 2001-02
- Student athletic fee will be increased (President Roark hopes this fee does not go to a student vote, to avoid the hard feelings, etc. that happened last time)
- Talking to the NCAA about Cat/Griz television revenues, which now have to be shared with the whole Big Sky conference, about not sharing these revenues
I). Old Business:
- Minutes approved from March
- Change CEPAC name was discussed. It was decided not to change the name because of the recognition that is now associated with it
- Final copy will be sent to Susan Alt to begin the approval process
II). Standing Committee Reports:
- Affirmative Action: Darcy Halpin-The committee has been asked to consider census information on campus, how will it be collected and how will it be used. The Govít wants annual reports of our employees by race and sex and other things like salaries, ranks, types of jobs, etc. Corky is waiting to see how other colleges handle it. We are also reviewing the current sexual harassment brochure that the AA office sends out to all new faculty and employees. If anyone has one, look at it and if there is something that you think needs changing let me know.
We discussed whether or not to continue the requirement that professional appointees have a minimum of a bachelorís degree. We all agreed that there should be some distinction between classified and professional positions-being the BA/BS degree.
Also reviewing the ADA compliance report for MSU. Looking at the complaints that have been made about buildings on campus and what progress has been made to bring them into compliance. If anyone has suggestions or questions on these compliance things let me know.
Our committee has also been Pro-active in doing more than just going to the meetings. We are going to have a link to the committee web page with updated information on we are currently doing, agenda items, and possibly minutes of the meetings.
- Benefits Committee: Vicky Whitney, Carol Bittinger & Pete Boharski-has been no meeting, however a reminder that there is a new vision package and that Choices re-enrollment will start soon.
- Employee Wellness: Diane Allen-no report
- Long Range Planning Committee: Kathy Griffith-New life into the committee. President Roark came to the committee and asked for strategic goals to be put in plan and prioritize them. Also, chairperson of LRPC will sit on SPBC.
- Presidentís Committee on Strategic Planning: Roz Wortman-no report
- Traffic Appeals: Brenda York, Kim Rehm, Dan Wise-no report
- University Panning Board: Rose Waldon-In case the CEPAC meeting is the same time as our next meeting, here's what transpired today:
- 1. Delivery Carts: ITC is considering purchasing and using delivery
- carts for transporting computers and equipment from different buildings
on campus when repairs are requested.
Before approval, UFPB would like to address certain issues:
1. where it will be stored during 5 p.m. & 8 a.m.;
- 2. where and when they can be drive;
- 3. training of staff who drive the carts;
- 4. what needs is there for having the carts;
- 5. what type of carts (i.e. motor, electric, size);
- 6. would they be used instead of regular vehicles/trucks;
- 7. where would they be kept during work hours of 8-5.
- 2. Display of art, architecture and engineering student projects.
- UFPB approved hanging panels at Haynes (finals week only). This is a
- thesis project.
- UFPB approved display of sculpture in front of the heating plant on
- Sept. 21 (1 day only). This is a thesis project.
- 3. Permanent Art.
- ROTC is requesting they be allowed to paint a mural on the wall adjacent
- to the ROTC offices in Hamilton Hall.
- UFPB requests ROTC give more details on the type of mural, and if
- approved ROTC must be aware that they would be required to restore the
- walls with paint if they move, etc.
- 4. Challenge Course and Obstacle Course
- A site south of the outdoor running track by the football stadium has
- been recommended for consideration of an Obstacle Course and Challenge
- After discussion, the UFPB approved the location of the two courses.
- 5. Antenna for AJM Johnson
- Mountain Resource Center has been given approval to have an antenna
- placed on the Roof of AJM Johnson. This was previously approved by the
- Abbreviated Board. Rose Waldon asked that they make sure the antenna
- placement does not interfere with classes held on the roof for Physics
- 101, 311 etc.
- 6. Antenna for KGLT
- The Abbreviated Board recommended approval of a new antenna for KGLT.
- 7. Antenna for Touch America
- Touch America has proposed a wireless networking service for Bozeman and
- has approached MSU for locating their equipment on campus (Leon Johnson
- Roof). They are proposing that this will benefit the University and
- details will be presented to the Planning Board.
- UFPB asks that we see more of their proposal, how it would benefit the
- university, what space requirements they need (office space for
- equipment), etc. UFPB would also like to know if there are departments
- on campus who would also benefit from the Touch America wireless
- networking, and invite them to the meeting when the proposal is
- presented so they can inquire also.
- 8. Naming of the Animal Resource Center.
- A professor on campus has suggested naming the ARC after an emeritus
- professor who was very instrumental in that facility.
- The current naming guidelines were discussed. It was suggested that the
- emeritus professor be contacted to make sure he wants the building named
- after him, and UFPB be given copies and review policies on naming of
III). New Business:
- BOR will not meet again until after CEPAC May meeting
- Classified Task Force:
- Still looking at pilot programs
- Looking at Tufts College model, currently working on model to show BOR for MUS.
NEXT MEETING: MAY 19 @ 9:00AM IN THE PRESIDENTíS CONFERENCE ROOM, MONTANA HALL