CEPAC MINUTES FOR 11-08-00:
I). OLD BUSINESS:
Minutes from 10-11-00 were read and approved
Personality profiles-some did them others not (did not have to, just informational)
Debates-were not well attended. It was suggested that attendance may be better if done during the noon hour and earlier in the election process
Facilities Service parking lot will be paved either this summer or summer 2002.
A thank you card will be sent to President Roark before he leaves Dec. 01.
Speakers for CEPAC suggested-Cathy Conover, Kirk from Wellness
Change March CEPAC meeting to March 07 @ 9:00 because of spring break
II). STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION-DARCY HALPIN: no report
BENEFITS COMMITTEE-V. WHITNEY, C. BITTINGER, P. BOHARSKI:
- The state insurance plan also is looking at deficits for the coming year. Looking to increase out of pocket expenses for their employees $55.00 over the next 2 years, unless the legislature contributes $35.00 more toward the insurance (this is not the MUS insurance).
- Looking at the possible availability of HMO’s for the Bozeman area
- Looking at legal services as an option
- Wellness discussion-wellness directors cleared up some myths about wellness. For example, skiing and canoeing offered for employees organized by wellness are not paid for through wellness, the participants need to pay for the activities.
- Talked about a sliding scale of out-of-pocket insurance costs=higher wage more out-of-pocket for example.
- Does not look like any cuts this coming year, just increase of out-of-pocket and increase in flex plan.
EMPLOYEE WELLNESS-DIANE ALLEN: no report
LONG RANGE PLANNING COMMITTEE-KATHY GRIFFITH: no report
PRESIDENT’S COMMITTEE ON STRATEGIC PLANNING-ROZ WORTMAN: no report
TRAFFIC APPEALS-B. YORK, D. WISE, K. REHM: nothing to report
UNIVERSITY PLANNING BOARD-ROSE WALDON: no report
BOR MEETING-DONNA GOLLEHON: Nov. 16th…Donna will attend
- Discussion will address the new classification trial system (MAP).
- Commissioner and BOR would like to see some implementation by July 01, 2001
III). NEW BUSINESS:
- Pay resolution that from University Governance Council is asking groups to look at (Donna brought copies). CEPAC has some concerns over whether this resolution over pay dates will cause a split between classified employees and faculty/professionals. Donna will address this at the UGC meeting and voice our concerns.
- Election/Legislative outlook not good. Will have to work as a unit (MUS) to get something accomplished.
- Revised CEPAC by-laws have gone through Professional Council, will be going on to Personnel Board.
NEXT MEETING: DEC. 13, 2000 IN THE BRADLEY CONFERENCE ROOM AT 9:00 AM