CEPAC MINUTES: 4-11-01
I). Old Business:
- Minutes approved from March meeting
- LRPC-Dan Wise will be the CEPAC rep on the committee
- Legislative Update: MPEA is watching an attachment to the pay bill that would exclude the employees that have already reached their market value from a raise
- Letter to President with suggestion from CEPAC
- Employee retirement recognition
- Certificates of thanks for longevity
- University paying for reception, not individual depts.
- Alerting staff to the fact that retirees can get a free blanket from alumni
- Logo: Has to be standard logo, etc. Letterhead will be designed and at next meeting
- Meeting rooms for next year: Tentatively will be planned in the Bradley Conference room because Rich & Roberta were not at meeting, unsure of what rooms they were able to line up across campus. Room assignments can be changed with Kathy concerning the Bradley Conference room.
- Nancy Topel met with President Gamble and they toured where she worked. She took him over to the Quads, he was dismayed on conditions and such. Nancy felt they had a good conversation.
II). Standing Committee Reports:
- None were forward
- Traffic Appeals: message going out to campus about $15.00 increase in parking next year and the reasons why.
III). New Business:
- MPEA Update: Negotiations are continuing. Watching HB 13, which is the pay bill. 4% increase; increase each year on insurance plan of $31 & $40.
- Elections of new members: List that will be run by EEO should be out by May and elections should be started by next meeting
- Any comments about policy revisions sent out to members, e-mail Kerry Evans in Personnel and Payroll
Guest Speaker: Martha Sellers about MAP (the new classification model)
- There will be MAP information sessions (power point presentations) given on campus the last part of April and the first of May
- MAP is a classification process
- Does away with Benchmark process
- BOR wanted to change current system because of numerous complaints
- Task force was formed made up of union and non-union members
- In essence MAP allows supervisors to have more say in the "promotion" of workers within a band
- It is an annual cycle
- Employee will meet with supervisor and look at over all performance, then will identify areas that need growth in and identify job success factors. Develop goals to move employee toward areas that employee needs to "grow" in.
- Cycle can be edited, it is fluid and dynamic
- Eventually will be linked to component of pay (no funding as of yet for this)
- Pilot projects on campus seem to be working well
NEXT MEETING IS ON MAY 09, 2001 AT 9:00AM IN THE BRADLEY CONFERENCE ROOM