> CEPAC Home
August 22, 2007
- Voting Members:
- Mary Engel, CEPAC Chair
- Diane Helgeson
- Gale Kinzie (until 9:45 am)
- Michelle Larsen
- Steven Beasley
- Non-voting Members:
- Sheron McIlhattan
- Terry Dysart
- Sara France
Apologies for Absence
Kristine Mashaw, Bob Monnin, Chris Bauer, Kevin Thane, Rose Marie Cain
Minutes of the Last Meeting
Michelle Laresen moved that the minutes of the July 25, 2007 meeting be approved and Diane Helgeson seconded. The motion passed unanimously.
Most campus committees have not met over the last month, and so there were no committee reports to deliver today. Following last month's request, however, the list of current committees and their classified representatives was read at today's meeting.
- Pooled Resources Web-based Facility for Professional Development and Training - Mary Engel called for assistance with soliciting inventory from the potential MSU donors identified at last month's meeting. Anyone wishing to find out more about the facility, or to submit details of a resource to share, should go to www.montana.edu/mussa.
- OCHE Recruitment and Retention Task Force - Task Force members have completed the final report, in readiness for the September 19-21 Board of Regents meeting. The report has not yet been published. CEPAC, MUS Staff Associations (MUSSA) and the MSU Shared Governance partnership have been consulted and given regular input, via Task Force members. At today's CEPAC meeting a discussion ensued about the nature of the report, the process, and the logistics facing the MUS in solving recruitment and retention issues. CEPAC officers will be at the Board of Regents meeting on MUSSA business, and hope to attend the report's presentation.
- Name Change for CEPAC - following some valued input from interested staff members, CEPAC discussed the matter further. A name change, more adequately reflecting the organization's work and purpose, was deemed appropriate. However, a careful transition seems important so as not to lose, even temporarily, our identity as currently established with constituents, local partners, community contacts, and across the MUS. It was therefore thought favorable for CEPAC to change its name to "Staff Senate" through a gradual process over the next two years. Since the use of "CEPAC" will eventually cease, an interrim change to the words represented by the acronym was thought unnecessary. Accordingly, Michelle Larsen moved (i) that with immediate effect CEPAC change its name to Staff Senate; (ii) that it now call itself by the working title: "CEPAC-Staff Senate"; (ii) as of July 1, 2008, the working title be altered to "Staff Senate-CEPAC", and (iii) as of July 1, 2009, it simply be called "Staff Senate". Diane Helgeson seconded, and the motion passed unanimously. The CEPAC bylaws contain no language that would restrict the process of a name change but, of course, will be need to be amended appropriately.
- Goals and Projects, FY08 - the Goals and Projects Subcommittee will convene next month.
- Advertising Streamline Services - By the time this agenda item was reached there was no longer a quorum present and so a vote, were any related motion to be drafted, would not have been possible. After a short discussion about the appropriateness of CEPAC-Staff Senate's involvement in such advertizing, no further action was taken on this item.
- Supporting Student Success Button Campaign - CEPAC-Staff Senate has received a good response to its button drive to coincide with Move In Day (today). The drive has been extended to August 29th specifically: the date of the Welcome Back Picnic. Chris Bauer and Michelle Larsen are coordinating distribution of buttons and posters.
- President Gamble at CEPAC-Staff Senate - President Gamble has accepted CEPAC-Staff Senate's invitation to attend a meeting in the Fall, and will join us on Wednesday, November 28th at 10:00 am.
- Meeting Venue Change - CEPAC-Staff Senate Fall meetings will be held in Reid 415 from 9:00-11:00 am. The 4th Wednesday of the month schedule is maintained, except in December when CEPAC-Staff Senate will meet on the 19th (9:00-11:00 am, Reid 415).
At 10:45 am, with all agenda items addressed, Michelle Larsen moved that the meeting be adjourned. Diane Helgeson seconded, and no-one was opposed.
NEXT MEETING: SEPTEMBER 26TH IN REID 415, AT 9:00AM
Since installing the counter, you are the 1st person to visit this page!