> CEPAC-Staff Senate Home
November 28, 2007
- Voting Members:
- Chris Bauer, Chair-elect
- Diane Helgeson
- Jeannette Radcliffe
- Kevin Thane (arriving at 10 am)
- Kristine Mashaw
- Rose Cain
- Gale M Kinzie
- Non-voting Members:
- Ron Brekke
- Carol Shannon
- Sheron McIlhattan
- Judy Van Andel (arriving at 10 am)
- Ron Ramsfield
- Sandra Tetro
- Sara France
Apologies for Absence
Michelle Larsen, Mary Engel.
Minutes of the Last Meeting
Diane Helgeson moved that the minutes of the October 24, 2007 meeting be approved and Kristine Mashaw seconded. The motion passed unanimously.
- Membership/officer issues - Chris Bauer announced her resignation from CEPAC-Staff Senate due to a move to a professional position. Jeannette Radcliffe was introduced as the replacement represenative for Secretarial/Clerical staff (in accordance with the CEPAC-Staff Senate by laws). Chris spoke about her involvement as Chair-elect and encouraged other voting members to run for office. Kevin Thane had previously indicated an interest (although he was absent during this part of today's meeting), and Diane Helgeson was nominated from the floor. A paper ballot was conducted of voting members present (Jeannette and Chris were both permitted to vote) which resulted in a tie. It was decided that the absent voting members should be polled and included in the election. The Chair-elect will be announced as soon as the poll is complete.
- By Laws - In line with CEPAC-Staff Senate's shared governance status, authority has been granted for the CEPAC-Staff Senate's By Laws to be removed from Personnel Procedure and lodged with CEPAC-Staff Senate. The By Laws will be amended with the name change, and any other appropriate updates, and published on the Staff Senate web site. Voting members at today's meeting instructed Sara France to circulate the proposed amendments (using the name Staff Senate, since CEPAC-Staff Senate is a working title) for approval electronically.
- November Board of Regents Meeting - MUSSA collaboration, and Regents' meeting outcomes were summarized and commendations from the subsequent President's Cabinet meeting relayed. Shared Governance partners, UPBAC, and other university entities are now pursuing budgetary and recruitment and retention tasks necessary to assisting the Commissioner's Office, and the Board, in progressing their various initiatives, including that relevant to the legislative PEPB subcommittee's request for information.
- Goals and Projects - The MSU Within the Community research report update is in production and will be published online as soon as possible. Meanwhile, Rose Cain and Sara France reported on November's outreach appointments with Library, and Admissions staff and managers.
CEPAC/Staff Senate-nominated committee representatives have scheduled agenda time at each meeting to personally report on their committee work. CEPAC-Staff Senate believes maximum communication to greatly benefit the staff and campus, and so also maintains on-line reporting as well as personal contact.
UPBAC - Sara France reported that UPBAC continues to work on various submissions requested by the Commissioner's Office for early December.
Benefits Committee - Ron Brekke introduced agenda items for next week's Plan Change Committee meeting and these were discussed today.
UFPUB - Sheron McIlhattan introduced various topics currently before UFPUB, and encouraged staff to take a tour of the H&PE building (tours are by appointment until the new facility opens).
International Programs - Judy van Andel's notes from the last meeting are published on the CEPAC-Staff Senate web site.
Traffic Appeals - Carol Shannon described the work of the Traffic Appeals board. She recommended staff call University Police with temporary special parking needs (such as delivery of items to a building, etc), and to locate and read parking signs (e.g. 30-minute parking only; reserved parking 6am-6pm, etc) so as to avoid incurring parking tickets.
Provost Sponsored Classified Luncheon Steering Committee - Sara France reported that the podcast of the Wellness in the Workplace 11/8/07 luncheon is complete and will be announced as available tomorrow.
Any Other Business
Sara France requested discussion topics for President Gamble's visit with CEPAC-Staff Senate, December 19th. An update on any potential collaboration with the hospital on workforce housing development had been requested at outreach with the library. The topic of long range planning for operations and maintenance (such as installation of air conditioning etc) was raised today. Sara asked that any other topics be submitted to her by Friday, November 30th.
It was noted that December's meeting will be held on the third Wednesday of the month, rather than the 4th, due to the holidays.
At 11:00 am, there being no further business, Kevin Thane moved that the meeting be adjourned. Rose Cain seconded, and no-one was opposed.
NEXT MEETING: DECEMBER 19TH IN REID 415, AT 9:00AM
Since installing the counter, you are the 1st person to visit this page!