Dear New MSU Faculty,
Check back here for information, resources, and links to information from this year's New Faculty Orientation and Center for Faculty Excellence.
If you have other items you would like to see listed here (or suggest your own resources) please let us know. We also encourage you to spend some time looking at the Center for Faculty Excellence website.
Also, please let us know what we can do to assist in your success, and remember to contact Marilyn if you are interested in signing up for our mentoring program.
Marilyn Lockhart, Director of MSU's Center for Faculty Excellence, 994-4555 or email@example.com
- New faculty Welcome Video
- The MSU Faculty Instructional Guide (3rd edition, 2011; Electronic document online at ISSUU). View the local version: http://www.montana.edu/onlinepubs/facultyguide.html or download the local PDF.
- MSU Faculty Handbook online:
- Bill McLaughllin: Teaching Who You Are video (Presentation at the 2012 MSU New Faculty Orientation)
- Learning Technology Workshops
Fall 2013 opportunities
- Electronic Resources Crib Sheet -NEW-
A very brief listing of your most important MSU ID's and what they do (PDF).
For details and help (re)setting your passwords, see: http://password.montana.edu/.
- A couple of our favorite books about teaching:
- Svinick, Marilla & Wilbert McKeachie (2011) McKeachie’s Teaching Tips: Strategies, Research, and Theory for College and University Professors. Houghton Mifflin, Publishers
- Boettcher, J. & Conrad, R. (2010) The Online Teaching Survival Guide. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass
- Rob Maher: Academic Advising video (Presentation at the 2012 MSU New Faculty Orientation)
- The Beloit College Mindset List. You oldsters will even get a kick out of the 2002 list!
- Ritchie's Blog, or contact Ritchie at 994-4660, firstname.lastname@example.org.