- How do I set my Official MSU email?
- How can I find out my NetID?
- How do I reset my MSU-related password(s)?
To do this follow the process below:
1) Go to MyInfo, click on Enter Secure Area, and log in using your Student/faculty/staff ID (GID) or SSN and PIN.
The MyInfo link is found on just about every main MSU web page, including the MSU home page at the bottom:
…and in the upper left of the faculty/staff and students pages. There it is labeled “My Info & Registration”.
Your MyInfo User ID is your employee or student Banner number (eight digits preceded by a minus sign), and your password depends on whether you have already used it and/or changed it. The login page has more info about this.
2) Click on the Personal Information link. It looks like:
View your address(es), phone number(s), e-mail address(es); Change your PIN.
3) From the Personal information screen, click on Update E-mail Address(es)
4) Under “University Recognized (OFFICIAL) E-mail Address”, select Edit.
5) Enter your official email address, re-enter to confirm it, and select Save.
6) Log out of My Info.
This information is updated on the directory server every two hours.
You can find your NetID by:
- Go to MyInfo, click on Enter Secure Area, and log in using your Student/faculty/staff ID (GID) or SSN and PIN.
- From there, click on Personal Information
- Click onView IDs.
This screen will show you your MSU 8 digit Banner ID, your D2L ID, and your NetID.
- Be sure to log out of MyInfo when you are done.
Go to http://password.montana.edu/ and select "Set Passwords". Note that you will have to know your 8 digit MSU Banner ID and password before you can set the other passwords.