MSU TechLink promotes Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR), and actively engages with other MSU entities to advance the state’s innovation economy and foster economic development.
The mission of the SBIR program is to support scientific excellence and technological innovation through the investment of Federal research funds in critical American priorities to build a strong national economy… one small business at a time.
Did you know?
- Nearly 50% of SBIR & 95% of STTR projects across agencies have university involvement
- For some agencies like NIH and NSF, universities are involved in more than 50% of SBIR projects
- 20% of SBIR awards have sub-awards to universities
- 11 federal agencies set aside over $2.5 billion each year to provide non-dilutive seed funding for research and development with the potential for commercialization.
Please refer to each Agency’s SBIR page below for up to date information about FY2018 funding opportunities and deadlines.
- National Science Foundation
- Department of Transportation
- Environmental Protection Agency
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Department of Energy
- Department of Health and Human Services / National Institutes of Health
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of Education
- Department of Defense
- Department of Commerce and NIST