In support of the Montana State University mission, the University Information Technology promotes, develops, delivers, and facilitates the use of information technology services and resources.
The UIT is the provider of central information technology services to Montana State University. While UIT is many things to many people, our primary areas of responsibility are:
- The campus data network
- Servers for central applications (email, calendaring, and many others)
- Information Security
- The campus telephone system
- The university-wide administrative software system (Finance, Human Resource, and Student information)
- Web infrastructure
- The UIT student computing laboratories
- Smart Podiums in campus classrooms
- The campus computer Maintenance Shop
- The campus information technology Service Desk
- The campus communication wiring group
Our staff and offices occupy two Bozeman campus buildings: the third floor of Montana Hall (administrative systems group) and the basement of the Renne Library (all other units). View our Org Chart.
As a customer-focused service organization, UIT welcomes your input into our operations. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.