Configuring McAfee for Mac
Use the following instructions to configure the McAfee AntiVirus software on your Mac to be automatically updated daily and scanned weekly.
To set automatic daily updates:
- 1. Right-click on the McAfee icon located in the status bar.
- 2. Select McAfee Endpoint Protection for Mac Preferences.
- 3. Click the padlock in the lower-left corner if is locked.
If the padlock is unlocked continue to step 5.
- 4. Enter your computer's password and then click OK.
- 5. Click the Update icon.
- 6. In the Update window:
- Click the Schedule tab.
- Select Daily from the drop down and then select a time.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to choose a time when you know your
computer will be on and connected to the internet.
- Click Apply and then click the padlock.
You have now set McAfee to be automatically updated daily and can close the window.
To configure McAfee to scan your computer weekly:
- 1. Right-click on the McAfee icon, select McAfee Endpoint Protection for Mac Console.
- 2. Click on the + button in the lower left corner.
- 3. Enter a name for the new scan like Weekly or whatever makes sense to you.
- 4. Select your computer from the What to scan drop down.
- 5. Select Weekly and then a day and time from the When to scan drop downs.
- 6. Click Schedule Scan.
- 7. Click OK in the Task scheduled box.
Your antivirus is now set to scan your computer weekly on the day and time you have selected.