McAfee Antivirus Software
MSU provides McAfee Antivirus software to students, faculty, and staff for use on personally-owned and MSU-owned computers.
McAfee for MSU-owned computers
- McAfee Antivirus software is required on all MSU-owned desktop and laptop computers.
- Computers purchased through UIT have McAfee installed on them automatically.
Request McAfee for an MSU-owned computer by contacting the UIT Service Desk at 406 994-1777 or email@example.com.
McAfee for personally-owned computers
- Available to employees and students for download on personally-owned computers (only) at no additional cost.
- Versions are available for Mac and Windows.
- NetID and password will be required to access the McAfee download page.
Follow the instructions below to set up McAfee on your personally-owned computer (not your work computer).
If further assistance is required, please contact the UIT Service Desk.