McAfee Antivirus Software
MSU provides McAfee Antivirus software to students, faculty, and staff for use on personally-owned and MSU-owned computers.
McAfee for MSU-owned computers
- McAfee Antivirus software is required on all MSU-owned computers.
- Computers purchased through UIT have McAfee installed on them automatically.
Request McAfee for an MSU-owned computer by contacting the UIT Service Desk at 406 994-1777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
McAfee for personally-owned computers
- Available to employees and students for download on personally-owned computers (only) at no additional cost.
- Versions are available for Mac and Windows.
- NetID and password will be required to access the McAfee download page.
Follow the instructions below to set up McAfee on your computer. If further assistance is required, please contact the UIT Service Desk.