The Day Everything Changed:
- Hundreds of forms were attacked.
- Tens of thousands of submissions were received.
- Email accounts were flooded and shut down.
- Business processes at the university were stopped.
Becoming FormMail's Doppelganger:
- FormMail is replaced without changes to forms that are already using it.
- Functionality of FormMail is replicated using the FormMail directives.
Delivering Spam Protection:
- Better filtering is implemented, and with greater background knowledge, incoming attacks are throttled.
- A simple way to add on honey pot protection is implemented (effectively stopping spam).
- The max number of submission notifications is limited to one per hour (if all else fails).
Cleaned submissions are stored in a database.
Enabling Access & Empowering the User:
- Submissions are cleaned and stored.
- Submissions are accessible by users not defined through the form.
- Record keeping and better management are now possible.
- Basic workflow tools available to manage submissions.
- Easy export of submissions to Excel for greater versatility.
Looking to the Future:
- Extending Karatemail into a form builder and manager.
- Build on the management tools for better organization and curating submissions.
- Develop advanced workflow options to create more value in business processes.
- Limited API to (securely) extend the utility of the submissions throughout our communications.
- For use by the greater Web community, Karatemail will be open sourced in the near future.