MSU-specific Webex Information
- How to log into Webex:
1. Go to https://montana.webex.com.
2. Click the Log In link in the upper right of window.
3. Enter your NetID and password.
You are now logged in a ready to schedule your first meeting.
Log in instructions for all device types:
To host and attend Webex meetings from your smart phone you must first download and install the Cisco Webex Meetings application from your appropriate application store (such as Apple App store, Google Play store or Windows Phone store).
To sign into the application follow the instructions below:
1. Tap the Webex Meetings app or tile
2. Tap Sign In
3. Enter your email address (use your @montana.edu address)
You will be asked for your corporate website
4. Enter montana.webex.com in the Webex site URL field and click Next
You will be taken to a page titled MSU Web Login
5. Enter your NetID and NetID password
6. Click Login
You will be asked to Open this page in “Webex”?
7. Click Open to open Webex
If the room you are having your meeting in is equipped with a video system you can use the "Call My Video System". This will connect your meeting to the video system so that all the audio and video for the meeting come through the room's speakers and microphones.
IMPORTANT: In order to connect to a videos system, you (the meeting host) must have CMR enabled on your Webex account. Contact the UIT Service Desk (994-1777 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to have it enabled.
- Start the meeting from your laptop or the room's computer.
The Audio Video Window should open automatically.
- Select Call My Video System from the Select Audio Connection dropdown.
- Enter the video address for your room.
The video address will be displayed on the room's Cisco Codex touch pad.
In most cases the video address is an abbreviation for the building followed by the room number @montana.edu. For example, ABB123@montana.edu or JABS106@montana.edu.
Recordings left on Webex server will be deleted after 1 year.
Please be advised that recordings will be deleted from Webex 1 year from their creation date. Be sure to download any you wish to keep for longer than that period of time.
See Download Recordings... to learn how.
Mac Users: If you need to convert an .ARF file please contact the UIT Service Desk for assistance (994-1777 or email@example.com).
If you wish to edit .ARF files you will first need to convert them to .MP4, .WMV or .SWF format after which you'll be able to use a third-party video editing tool to edit recoring.
To convert .ARF files:
Step 1: Download the Network Recording Player for Windows. Follow prompts to install.
Step 3: Convert the .ARF file
- Download the recording file to your local computer.
For details, see Download Recordings to Your Local Computer.
- Do one of the following to open the recording file on your local computer:
Double-click the recording file in your Windows File Manager window. The Webex Network Recording Player automatically opens the file.
Double-click the Network Recording Player shortcut on your desktop. Then choose File > Open and select the recording you wish to convert.
The recording file will opens.
- While playing the meeting (or you can press pause) in the Network Recording Player,
select File > Convert > MP4 (MPEG-4 Format) or whatever format you wish.
The Convert to ... dialog box appears.
- Specify the location to save the file in the Save in field.
- Click the OK button at the bottom to use the default conversion settings OR choose
the settings you'd like and then click OK.
The file will begin converting immediately or do so at the time specified. The process can take quite awhile.
To check status of conversion:
You'll see the little icon below in the system tray. You can hover over it to see
the status of your conversion or double-click it which will show the same thing.