Follow the instructions below to configure your Mac OS 10.6.x to connect MSU-Secure, MSU's encrypted wireless network.
IMPORTANT: If you are a new student and have not yet changed/set your MSU Windows Domain Account password or it has expired, please go to My Profile to set it before continuing.
- On the top menu bar click the AirPort icon and then click Turn AirPort On.
- Click the MSU-Secure link (fig. 2).
- Enter your MSU Windows Domain Account username and password (fig. 3).
- Check the box next to Remember this network (red arrow).
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Show Certificate button on lower left (fig. 4).
- Check the box next to Always trust...
- Click the Continue button. You may get the following prompt displaying eapltrust requires that you enter your computer password, if so:
- Enter your computer's username and password and click the OK button (fig. 5).
The AirPort Menu will close and after a few seconds reopen (fig. 2).
If it doesn't simply click the icon again.
The network authentication window opens (fig. 3).
If you are prompted to "Verify Certificate" (fig. 4) , proceed to step 4. If you are not prompted then you should be successfully logged on to MSU-Secure and can skip steps 4-7.
The Verify Certificate window expands.
Your computer should now be logged on to the MSU-Secure network. You can verify your connection by opening the AirPort menu. A checkmark should be next to MSU-Secure.
If you receive any errors first check that your settings, username and password have all been entered correctly.
For additional assistance please stop by the Help Desk located near the ASK desk in the Library Commons, call 994-1777 or send an email to email@example.com.