Follow the instructions below to configure Mac OS 10.7 | 10.8 to connect MSU-Secure, MSU's encrypted wireless network.
IMPORTANT: If you are a new student and have not yet changed/set your MSU Windows Domain Account password or it has expired, please go to My Profile to set it before continuing.
- On the top menu bar click the Wi-Fi icon and then click Turn Wi-Fi On.
- Select MSU-Secure(fig. 2).
- Enter your MSU Windows Domain Account username and password (fig. 3).
- Check the box next to Remember this network (red arrow).
- Click the JOIN button.
- Click the Continue button on lower right(fig. 4).
The Wi-Fi Menu will close and after a few seconds reopen (fig. 2).
If it doesn't simply click the icon again.
The Wi-Fi network authentication window opens (fig. 3).
If you are prompted to "Verify Certificate" (fig. 4) , proceed to step 4. If you are not prompted then you should be successfully logged on to MSU-Secure and can skip step 4.
You can verify your connection by opening the AirPort menu. A checkmark should be next to MSU-Secure.
If you receive any errors first check that your settings, username and password have all been entered correctly.
For additional assistance please stop by the Help Desk located near the ASK desk in the Library Commons, call 994-1777 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.