Follow the instructions below to configure Microsoft Vista OS to connect MSU-Secure, MSU's secure wireless network.
IMPORTANT: If you are a new student and have not yet changed/set your NetID password or it has expired, please go to My Profile to set it before continuing.
- Click the icon located in the lower right corner of your screen (fig. 2).
- Click Wireless networks are available (fig. 3).
- Select MSU-Secure and click the Connect button.
- Click Enter/select additional log on information .
- Enter your MSU NetID and password (fig. 6).
- Click Enter/select additional log on information. The Validate Server Certificate window opens (fig. 7).
- Click the OK button.
- Check both boxes and click the Close button (fig. 8).
- Click Public location (fig. 9).
The Connect to a network window opens (fig. 4).
The Additional log on information is required... window opens (fig. 5).
TheEnter Credentials window opens.
The Additional log on information is required... window opens again (fig. 5).
The Successfully connected to a network window opens.
The Set Network Location window opens.
You should now be connected to MSU-Secure and see the window below.(fig. 10).
When successfully connected your network icon in the lower right of your screen will like this:
If you receive any errors first check that your settings, username, and password have all been entered correctly.
For additional assistance please stop by the IT Services Desk located on the first floor of the Library , call 994-1777 or send an email to email@example.com.