email@example.comConfiguring MSU-Secure on Windows 7
- Right-click the wireless icon located at the bottom right corner of your desktop in the system tray and select Open Network and Sharing Center (figure 1).
- Click Manage wireless networks (figure 2).
- Click the Add button (figure 3).
- Click Manually create a network profile (figure 4) .
- Enter the following information: (figure 5)
- Network name: MSU-Secure
- Security type: WPA2-Enterprise
- Encryption type: AES
- Check Start this connection automatically
- Click Next.
- Click Change connection settings (figure 6) .
- Click the Security tab (figure 7).
- Verify the network authentication method is PEAP, then click the Settings button.
- Check only the following box: (figure 8).
- Enable fast reconnect
- Verify the authentication method is EAP-MSCHAP v2, then click the Configure... button (see arrow in figure 8). The EAP MSCHAPv2 Properties box opens.
- Uncheck the box and click OK (figure 9).
- Click OK again (figure 10).
- Check the Remember my credentials... checkbox (figure 11).
- Click the Advanced settings button.
- Check Specify authentication mode (figure 12).
- Select User authentication.
- Click the Save credentials button
- Enter your MSU NetID and password: (figure 13).
These are your credentials for logging on to campus computers.
- Enter MSU\ before your username: MSU\NetID
- Click OK to the remaining prompts to close out all windows.
Your connection to MSU-Secure is now configured and will allow you to connect automatically to the MSU-Secure network.
For additional assistance please stop by the IT Services Desk located on the first floor of the Library , call 994-1777 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.Return to top