email@example.com Configuring MSU-Secure on Windows XP
- Right-click on the wireless icon located at the bottom right corner of your desktop in the system tray and select Open Network Connections (figure 1).
- Right-click on the Wireless Network Connection link (figure 2), and select Properties. The Wireless Network Connection Properties box opens.
- Select the Wireless Networks tab and click the Advanced button (figure 3). The "Advanced" dialogue box opens (figure 4)
- Select Access point…, uncheck Automatically connect… and
click the Close button (figure 4).
- Click the Add button (figure 5). The Wireless network properties box opens (figure 6)
- Enter MSU-Secure in the Network name (SSID) field,
select WPA for Network Authentication and TKIP for Data encryption.
Click the Authentication tab.
- Set EAP type to ProtectedEAP (PEAP), uncheck both boxes (figure 7)
and click the Properties button.
The Protected EAP Properties box opens. (figure 8)
- Check the following boxes in the Protected EAP Properties box:
- Validate server certificate
- AddTrust External CA Root
- Enable Fast Reconnect
- Select EAP-MSCHAPv2 for Authentication Method and click the Configure button.
- Uncheck the box and click the OK button. (figure 9).
- Click the OK button in each open wihdow that remains (should be 3).
- Click on the Wireless Network Connection balloon now open above the wireless icon on your desktop (figure 10).
- Enter your MSU Domain username and password (they are those used to log into computers on campus) and click OK .