How can the MSU Writing Center partner with you?
We at the Writing Center believe that we support our students best when we are in conversation with those teaching writing. We want to partner with you!
Current Models of Partnership:
- Class Presentations: Our standard class presentation takes about 5-10 minutes and gives a brief who, what, when, where, how, and why of the Writing Center.
- Syllabus Language: If you would like to include a paragraph about the Writing Center in your syllabus, we’re happy to send you verbiage.
- Assignment Design Consultation: Our Writing Center director is happy to work with you in designing your writing assignments.
- GTA Consultation: We will work with your GTAs to help them most effectively respond to your students’ writing.
- Writing Studios: In a writing studio, students enrolled in a class meet regularly outside of the classroom space in small groups to actively work together on their research and writing. A Writing Center tutor facilitates these groups.
- Workshops: We have several writing workshops available upon request that can be modified to meet your specific course needs. Current workshop topics include the following:
- Getting the Most out of Peer Review
- Citations: The Basics of MLA Style (or APA Style or …)
- Strategies for Getting Started
- Practical Grammar
- Final Paper Jumpstart
- Writing an Artist’s Statement
- Technical Writing Basics
Contact Jess Carroll to schedule a workshop for your class.
We’re happy to discuss new possibilities and models of partnerships. Please contact us!
Additional Online Resource
[Image source: Kelsey Weyerbacher (design) / Michelle Miley (theory); © the MSU Writing Center.]