- Build a seamless educational experience between Montana's seven reservation-based colleges and MSU.
- Increase the number of Native American students successfully transferring from two-year tribal colleges to MSU and pursuing academic studies in the biomedical and other health related sciences.
Each summer, Bridges students spend eight weeks at MSU participating in cutting edge research alongside dedicated faculty mentors and their lab teams. In the process, supportive communities of learners are created between students and faculty at Montana's tribal colleges and MSU faculty mentors/students.
Although many Bridges students do transfer to MSU, this is not a program requirement. Bridges helps prepare tribal college students for successful transfer to any four-year institution of their choosing.
Program Benefits Include
- Bridges students work in world-class research labs and earn a $3,200 stipend.
- Housing and some meals are provided.
- Lab skills training and math “boot camp” help prepare students for success in the biomedical/health science fields.
- Students have opportunities to present their research at regional and/or national conferences.
- Professional development training and support are provided.
2014 BRIDGES Application (Microsoft Word version)
2014 BRIDGES Application (PDF version)
Application deadline is February 21, 2014.