Non-degree undergraduate students are those who have not earned a baccalaureate degree and are wishing to take college courses, but who are not interested in pursuing a baccalaureate degree at Montana State University.
- Students must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent and have not earned a baccalaureate degree.
- Students must be in good academic standing at previous or current institution (including current students at MSU).
- Non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid, family housing, or intercollegiate athletic competition.
- Credit earned in non-degree status may apply to a future undergraduate degree program. Academic departments determine how or if the credit will meet graduation requirements.
Receipt of the following constitutes a complete application for admission:
- Application form: The application form may be submitted online or printed out at: http://www.montana.edu/wwwcat/appopts.html or obtained from the Office of Admissions, Montana State University, P.O. Box 172190, Bozeman, MT 59717-2190 (406-994-2452). Return the completed and signed form to the Office of Admissions.
- Application fee - $36 fee (online application) or $30 fee (paper application): Checks should be made payable to Montana State University. The application fee will not be waived, deferred, or refunded. The fee must be paid before the application will be processed.