> Counseling & Psychological Services
Services for Faculty, Staff, and their Spouses
In addition to providing counseling for students, CPS Senior Staff also offer services to faculty and staff including individual, couples', and group counseling. We also offer periodic workshops. Free access to our self-help lab is also available. The staff at CPS consists of licensed, well trained and experienced professionals including psychologists and professional counselors. The Center is professionally accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services (IACS) and the Doctoral Internship is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA).
Some examples of the most common presenting issues, identified by people using our service in the past few years, include major depression, marital/partner/relationship problems, the impact of childhood sexual abuse on adults, concerns of adult children of alcoholics/dysfunctional families, and anxiety problems.
The initial counseling ("intake" or "assessment") appointment is free of charge. For individual and couples' therapy (subsequent to the free assessment session) we charge $60 per session. Fees for group therapy are $50 per semester. See below regarding reimbursement through health insurance benefits.
You may be interested to compare these charges to private practice fees in the Bozeman community ranging from $90-$150 for individual/couples' therapy.
Please call CPS for more information: 994 4531. If you wish to make an appointment, please indicate that you are staff or faculty when you call.
BILLING & FEE PAYMENT
Fees are due in full on the day of appointment. Once deductibles are met, and it has been established that benefits are payable, the copayment is due in full at the time of each appointment. The Counseling Center is happy to make every effort to work with clients over fee payment. If, in the event that payments are not received on an accrued balance, we reserve the right to make every effort to obtain payment.
INSURANCE COVERAGE FOR STAFF/FACULTY COUNSELING APPOINTMENTS
Insurance coverage differs among insurance companies and the Counseling Center cannot guarantee that benefits will be paid. Our usual experience for individual therapy is as follows but we find that couples' counseling is often not covered by insurance.
- Allegiance Members :
- Prior to satisfaction of the medical Deductible, it is expected that fees be paid in full at the time of each appointment. After satisfaction of the medical Deductible, Allegiance will pay 75% of the cost of each session (not to exceed 40 sessions per benefit year; or $1,000 in the case of chemical dependency). After an individual has reached the stop loss, Allegiance will cover 100% of fees (not to exceed 40 sessions per benefit year; or $1,000 in the case of chemical dependency).
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Managed Care Members :
- A $15 co-pay at the time of each visit (not to exceed 30 sessions per benefit year).
- Clients With Other Insurance Coverage:
- It is expected that fees be paid in full at the time of each appointment.
- Cancellation of Appointments:
- Twenty four hours' notice of cancellation is appreciated, and cancelled appointments are not subject to the $60 fee. However, should you miss an appointment without informing us in advance, you agree to pay for said session in full.
- Insurance Claims:
- The Counseling Center will complete, and submit to Allegiance & Blue Cross Blue Shield, all required documentation following each appointment. The Counseling Center will obtain insurance confirmation of the client's Deductible status and, upon satisfaction of the Deductible, clients will be responsible only for their portion of the fee. Insurance benefits will be payable to the Counseling Center. In the event that the insurance company makes benefit checks payable to the client, such client agrees to reimburse the Counseling Center in full.