Staff Senate is the Voice of Classified Staff
The Montana State University Staff Senate advises the President and Board of Regents on matters reflecting classified staff concerns.
Staff Senate is a results-oriented peer organization that enhances the role of classified employees in shared governance by creating a culture of optimism, teamwork, creativity, resourcefulness, and by dealing with everyone in an open and ethical manner.
Areas of Responsibility
- Represent the position of the classified employees of Montana State University on University committees and all appropriate MSU organizations;
- Promote and provide for improved working conditions and the professional welfare of the staff;
- Facilitate communication and cooperation between ASMSU, the administration of MSU, Faculty Senate, Professional Council, the classified staff of MSU Bozeman, all appropriate MUS organizations and the Board of Regents;
- Promote the improvement of higher education in the State of Montana;
- Assist in the development of staff training programs and policies;
- Develop, foster, and promote recruitment and retention strategies for classified employees;
- And carry out such other goals and activities as Staff Senate shall determine to be consistent with the overall purpose of Staff Senate, the administration of MSU Bozeman, and the promotion and practice of shared governance.
Representing staff from every corner of campus
- Classified Professional
- Service Maintenance
- Skilled Craft