We recommend that you file your new, or renewal, FAFSA by MSU's priority filing date of March 1st each year you want to be considered for financial aid.
Filing your aid application by MSU's priority date (March 1st) ensures that you will receive the best possible aid offers from limited funding sources such as Grants and Work Study awards. If necessary, you can use estimated tax information based on prior year taxes. Once your application has been submitted by the priority date (March 1st), you or your parents can return to the FAFSA Web site and make corrections after your taxes have been completed.
At Montana State University, we encourage students and families to make informed decisions about financial aid. We highly recommend that you borrow only the amount of loans you need to successfully complete your education.
Need help completing your FAFSA? We are here for you!
- Call (406) 994-2845 or stop by our office in Strand Union Building 183
- Attend one of the upcoming College Goal Montana FAFSA Assistance events
- Visit the College Goal Montana site for helpful videos and information
- Visit the US Department of Education FAFSA Help site (includes live chat)
- Or, download this comprehensive document created by the Department of Education.