Law school application checklist
1. Create your LSAC.org account. Register for the LSAT.
2. Register and prepare for the LSAT at least three months in advance, preferably more, of the test date.
3. Begin researching law schools.
Create a list of schools where you plan to apply. Review the application and requirements well in advance of applying.
4. Register for the Credential Assembly Service (CAS) well in advance of application date. The CAS creates a report for which combines your LSAT score, transcripts, letters of recommendation and an academic summary which is transmitted to each law school where you apply. The fee is $155.
5. Ask for letters of recommendation to be sent to CAS. Remember, CAS needs at least two weeks to process letters..
6. Apply to law schools from LSAC.org. account. Review the application and required materials for each school thoroughly.