The MSU climbing gym is a great place to learn, practice your rock-climbing skills, meet new people, share experiences that will change your life, reduce stress, and have fun! Our staff are all eager to help in any way they can and will happily help you reach your new climbing goals (even if it's just getting to the top!) We can set a wide variety of goals at all difficulties that will be sure to challenge you no matter what your climbing level is. Come on in and try something new!
- The Climbing Wall is open during regular building hours
- Use of the Climbing Wall requires a Climbing Wall Card, which can be issued by a Climbing Wall employee or by the Rec Sports and Fitness Office (Marga Hosaeus Fitness Center room 120).
- Use of the Climbing Wall requires submission of a completed Climbing Wall Agreement Form. The form must be printed two-sided on white paper or it will not be accepted.
- Climbing Wall rules can be found here
- To inquire about group reservations, please call 994-6278
- Check out our offical MSU Climbing Wall Facebook Page
Orientations and Workshops
Spring 2015 Clinic Schedule coming soon!
Come in during gym hours to ask our staff questions!
Spring 2015 KID CATS: Our 5-week Kid Cats Sports Program involves a day at the climbing wall in addition to other activities and sports that are introduced each week. Kid Cats sessions are held two times per semester on Saturday mornings.
For more information, call Abbey Keene at 994-6278
MSU Climbing Club
The climbing gym is the meeting location for Montana State University's very own climbing club, "Vert-I-Go." Vert-I-Go helps MSU students get outdoors and explore all the wonderful rock climbing routes and areas in and around the greater Bozeman area (over a 1000 routes!).
Club members go on outings together on the weekends and the evenings. In addition to regular outings, every spring break there is a club trip to somewhere awesome (usually warm); the club pays for your gas as long as you are a member!
Once a year in February, we host a fun and exciting (but not-that-competitive) competition called "The Prince and Princess of Plastic." Come on down to climb or watch—it is a really awesome event. More information will be available on the Vert-I-Go Facebook page as the event approaches.
We want to expand our climbing gym! Help us by supporting our efforts in raising funds for new projects! When you use the climbing wall, leave a mark on the tally sheet. This will show how popular the gym is, and will help us with future projects such as the expansion proposed in the picture below. If you feel the desire to help more, contact the Vert-I-Go club leaders via Facebook.