original painting by Greg Keeler
Jack B. Jelinski
Emeritus of Spanish
Department of Modern Languages & Literatures
College of Letters & Science
Montana State University-Bozeman
Phone: (406) 994-4448, Fax: (406) 994-6199
SELECTED ADMINISTRATION/SERVICE - MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY:
- Coordinator of Spanish - Montana State University from 1973-1978.
- Department Head of Modern Languages and Literatures from 1978-1990.
- Letters and Science representative to the Faculty Council from 1977 through
- Affirmative Action Advisory Committee Chairman from 1977-1979.
- President of the Montana State University Chapter of AAUP, 1976-1977.
- College of Letters and Science representative (elected) to the University
Heads Executive Committee. 1979-1980.
- Served as Dean's Representative on several important Committees such
as: English Department Review Committee, 1979; Headship Search Committee,
Department of History and Philosophy, 1979; Dean's Grievance Committee (in
sex discrimination procedure), 1979; English Headship Search Committee,
- Department Advisor for the MSU Honors Program from 1981.
- Faculty Advisor for the Progressive Reform Party (PREP) 1980 - 1982.
This is a new student organization of MSU.
- Member, Parent-Teacher council - Bozeman Junior High School, from 1981.
- Women's Studies Committee, 1982. Committee appointed by the Dean to
determine the scope of a new Women's Studies Program.
- Advisory Committee to the Center for bilingual/Multicultural Programs from
- MSU Faculty Council - Elected representative for the College of Letters
- Faculty Council Committee on Tenure - 1985.
- External Review Committee for the College of Education Self-Study and
- Committee for the Establishment of the Humanities Seminar Program,
- Search Committee for the Dean of the College of Letters and Sciences
appointed by the Vice-President for Academic Affairs, 1987-1988.
- Faculty Advisor: MSU Association of Iberamerican Students, 1986-1988.
- Chair, Adhoc Committee for an Alternate Core Curriculum, 1988-1989.
- Student Information Systems - Advisory Council:
Department Head Representative from Letters and Sciences in
planning SIS integration under the new IA computerized systems format.
1988 through 1990.
- Reviewer, College of Letters and Sciences Screening Committee for N.E.H.
- Chair, Steven L. Johnson Memorial Scholarship Committee. Goal:
establish a $500.00 annual scholarship award, 1991-present.
- Faculty Advisor: The Black Student Union of Montana State University,
- Faculty Council: Alternate elect. Served replacement term, Fall Semester
- Coordinator of Spanish Language Section from 1992-present.
- Elected as Letters and Science Representative to Faculty Council, 1993-
- Selection Committee for the Rockefeller Brothers Fund for Minority Student
Fellowships, 1993-1994, 1994-1995, 1995-1996.
- Selection Committee: College of Letters and Sciences Research and
March, 1995, 1996.
- Chair, Spanish Search Committee, 1995-1996.
- Chair, Adhoc Committee for the Reorganization of Campus Governance
1995-1996. Resulted in the reorganization of University Council resulting in
the creation, for the first time at MSU, of a faculty council to
exclusively represent the faculty.
- University Salary Review Committee - 1996 and 1997-2000.
- Faculty Council Representative, 1997-2003.
- Chair, Faculty Affairs Committee, 1999-2000.
- University Promotion and Tenure Committee, 1999-2000.
- University Governance Council - Steering Committee, 2000-2001.
to Jack Jelinski's Main Page ]