Mountains and Minds
Summer Music at MSU
August 2-11, 2013
- Angella Ahn - Violin
- Julia Cory - Cello
- Julie Gosswiller - Piano
- Tobin Stewart - Orchestra/Brass
- Greg Young - Woodwinds
Register online at:
By May 1, 2013
Note: It is possible to register online and pay with a check later (before May 1st). Registering early will reserve your spot in camp.
After registering online, please email an .mp3 file or web link of your playing audition along with your name, current grade, and high school to:
Also, you can print, fill out, and mail the registration form, located here. Please include a CD of your audition tape should you choose this method.
- Participation and/or performance in the Big Sky Classical Music Festival
Master classes with:
- Cassatt String Quartet from NYC
- Florestan Trio from Portland
- MSU faculty members
- Individual and group coaching and instruction
- Chamber concert performance(s)
- Theory and Ear Training
- Faculty Recital
- Social Activities
Registration materials - online or postmarked on or before May 1, 2013, should include:
- A completed registration form
- An audition recording(.mp3 or link)
- A letter of recommendation from an orchestra/private teacher (Touring Orchestra only)
- Chamber Camp Commuter - $200
- Chamber Camp Resident - $400
- Touring Orchestra Camp Commuter - $375
- Touring Orchestra Camp Resident - $485
A $25 dollar deposit must be submitted by May 1st. The rest is due by June 1st.
Note: If paying online with a debit or credit card, there is no deposit; full payment only. Also, a $5 convenience fee will be assessed.
Touring Orchestra Camp
The Touring Orchestra Camp is a select, auditioned ensemble limited to 20 string students. The group will perform in Reynolds Recital hall, Yellowstone Park, Chico Hot Springs, and Big Sky with the Big Sky Classical Music Festival.
Students will also rehearse and perform with small chamber ensembles throughout the week.
- Any 3-octave major scale (2 octave for bass). 16th notes slurred by four (quarter note = 88)
- Any 3-octave melodic minor scale (2 octave for bass). DetachÃ© 16th notes (quarter note = 76).
- A 2-3 minute excerpt from the solo literature.
Chamber Ensemble Camp
The Chamber Ensemble Camp is open to all students 6th grade through recent graduates. All band and orchestra instruments, including piano, are welcome.
The Chamber Ensemble component of this camp will help students develop their playing skills as individuals and they will learn to communicate and work within a chamber ensemble.
- Any scale of choice
- A 2-3 minute excerpt from the solo literature